The Edo State Transport Authority (ESTA) has been established by the Edo State Government as the sole Transport Authority with the responsibility to plan, implement, regulate and coordinate all transport and traffic activities in Edo State including transport modes (Bus, Rail, Air, Non-Motorized Transport Maritime), Policies and Transport Master Plan (TMP), Traffic Impact Assessment (TIA), Operation & Maintenance among other responsibilities highlighted in ESTA Law.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head, Public Transport Operations
- Plans, organizes, coordinates, and directs the planning and operations of transportation in Edo state.
- Provides general transportation planning support for the Authority.
- Monitors stakeholders’ action that impact transit operations in the state.
- Prepares the annual unmet PT needs analysis and short and long- range transportation plans,
- Reviews identified needs, conducts analyses, and implement solutions as appropriate.
- Formulates, recommends, and administers policies and procedures governing transport operations.
- Recommends resulting policies and procedures.
- Review and evaluate proposed transport infrastructure construction and identify impact to operation, recommend and implement solutions.
Education and Experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited University with major coursework in Business Administration, Public Administration, Transportation Planning, Environmental Studies, Political Science, Public Policy or a related field.
- A Master’s degree in one of those fields is highly desirable
- Ten years of progressively more responsible professional-level public transportation-related experience, including at least five years in a supervisory capacity.
Application Closing Date
13th December, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.