Polaris Bank was established by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) on September 21, 2018 to offer commercial banking services to the Nigerian public. The bank commenced services on the same day, having purchased the assets and assumed certain liabilities of the defunct Skye Bank.With a footprint of over 350 branches across the country, Polaris Bank prides itself in delivering exceptional customer experience, leveraging best in class/state of the art Information Communication Technology (ICT). By focusing on ICT solutions across multiple service delivery channels (mobile banking, ATMs, POS and online platforms) Polaris Bank maintains a pivotal role in the Nigerian banking industry, providing customers with simple, convenient and secured banking services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Risk Management Officer – Credit Analysis
Who are we looking for:
- We are looking for candidates who will be responsible for analyzing credit proposals and financials of customers, second level review of credit applications, interface with the business areas with a view to resolve all the observed issues and provide objective lending recommendation to management.
- Development of product programmes for selected businesses/markets in line with the risk appetite of the Bank.
- Development of sectorial reports/industry reviews for the Bank.
- Identifying inherent credit, financial and business risks in credit proposals and instil these into the credit and developing optimal structure for credit facilities.
- Conducts periodic review of the Bank’s credit policy in line with dynamism of the Bank’s operating environment.
- Developing and enforcing the use of an applicable checklist of supporting documents for a credit proposal before consideration.
- Working with IT in ensuring continuous improvement in technology infrastructure, process rejuvenation/revalidation and training of stakeholders in credit creations.
- Paying visits to customer’s factories/offices, suppliers/contractors, employers, collaterals including warehouses etc. to confirm credit information provided in the credit proposals.
- Ensuring that LTP maintains and updates a database of all approved credits bank-wide and render such report on monthly and quarterly basis.
- On an on-going basis, organize credit training for the account officers and relationship managers.
- Ensuring that the credit reporting format (the CPM) is updated in line with changing trend in the bank and in compliance with regulatory authorities.
- Organizing sessions with Credit Compliance, Market Risk, and Legal Department etc. for feedback looping to review credits and examining the accuracy of our credit judgments, obtaining more credit information, revising credit documentation like offer letters, and reviewing the credit process for more efficiency and effectiveness.
- Identifying and mitigating legal risks in our business activities and transactions through ensuring proper account opening documentation and maintaining good synergy in credit appraisals and legal documentations (offer letters and other commitments) review with Legal Department.
- Facilitating bank’s level of compliance to know our customers and their businesses (KYC/KYB) as well as participate in implementing processes/controls to combat money laundering and terrorist financing.
- Minimum of a First Degree.
- Second degree and relevant professional qualification may be of advantage (preferably ICAN, ACCA)
Preferred Skills and Experience / Requirements:
- Excellent numerical and accounting skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong credit risk analysis skill
- Financial analysis and modelling skills
- Strong industry knowledge
- Computing skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Attention to details
- Documentation and organizational skills
- Strong ethical behaviour.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.