The Lagos State Employment Trust Fund (LSETF) was established to provide financial support to residents of Lagos State, for job, wealth creation and to tackle unemployment. LSETF serves as an instrument to inspire the creative and innovative energies of all Lagos residents and reduce unemployment across the State. The Fund has the mandate to help Lagos residents grow and scale their Micro Small and Medium Enterprises (“MSMEs”) or acquire skills to get better jobs through its three programmes; the Employability Support Programme, the Lagos Innovates Programme and the Loan Programme.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head of Finance
Industry: Social Impact (Government Owned)
Job Type: Full Time
Reports To: Director, Finance & Corporate Services
Direct Report: 4
- Responsible for overseeing the Finance unit of the Fund, including overseeing cash flow planning, preparing, and reviewing budgets, as well as preparing the Fund’s books.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Design and implement strategies and mechanisms to safeguard the fund’s financial assets
- Liaise with all relevant head to develop the Fund’s annual corporate budget and the allocation of financial resources
- Coordinate the proactive monitoring and reporting of budget positions of all the departments and units
- Coordinate the development and implementation of finance and accounting policies, processes, and procedures in line with leading practices
- Coordinate the identification of risks and medium to long term financial implications of intended corporate projects/initiatives and provide relevant advice to the fund’s executive management.
- Manage expenditure/transactions in line with the Fund’s approved financial authority limits.
- Ensure optimal capital expenditure for the Fund and ensure the fund has sufficient liquidity to meet its medium-term requirements and obligations.
- Develop, articulate, and implement procedures and controls to ensure that the Fund’s financing requirements are proactively anticipated and met at a reasonable cost.
- Ensure effective utilization of the financial resources of the Fund including achieving cost efficiency in line with its business objectives
- Oversee the timely, accurate generation of relevant financial information/reports to aid the Fund’s executive management strategic decision making.
- Ensure timely and accurate preparation of the Fund’s financial statements in line with relevant statutory requirements and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- Keep abreast of changes and updates to financial regulations.
- Continuously review the Finance department’s activities and make recommendations for improvement to the Head, Finance and Corporate services & reporting of product & program performance.
Qualifications & Experience
- First Degree or Higher National Diploma certificate (minimum of lower credit) in Finance & Accounting from a recognized higher institution
- Master’s Degree will be an advantage
- Relevant professional accounting qualifications such as (CFA, ICAN, ACCA, ACA, CIMA)
- Minimum of 8 years’ cognate experience in Accounting and Financial Analysis
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and accounting software Key Competences:
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities required for the role:
- Financial Management Expertise.
- Broad knowledge of accounting principles.
- Project Management Skills
- Leadership Skills
- Advanced accounting knowledge, including experience with IFRS
- Good interpersonal relationships & people management skills
- Organization and Planning
- Business Acumen
- Communication Skills
- Analytical and Problem-Solving Skills
- Attention to detail.
Application Closing Date
23rd December, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.