The OPEC Fund for International Development is a multilateral development finance institution established in 1976. Our 12 Member Countries are: Algeria, Ecuador, Gabon, Indonesia, the Islamic Republic of Iran, Iraq, Kuwait, Libya, Nigeria, Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, and the Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Analyst
Job Typ: Temporary position – one year
- The Strategic Planning Unit provides relevant strategy, planning, economic and other important inputs that guide operational departments in the development of their work plans, and helps senior management decision-making processes that feed into overall strategy development.
- The unit is also responsible for managing and expanding the fund’s partnerships and expanding on its knowledge management initiatives.
- The role will entail providing analytical and research support to the team in the achievement of the unit’s goals.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the OPEC Fund’s strategy development, articulation and dissemination.
- Support the process of distilling this strategy into yearly business plans and strategic initiatives.
- Support the development of relevant strategy and policy papers for management’s or governing board consideration and approval.
- Contribute to the preparation of briefs, economic reports and presentations to various stakeholders.
- Support partnership and knowledge management initiatives as they relate to the expansion of the Fund’s objectives.
- Provide support in the maintenance and creation of relevant databases as they relate to the unit’s deliverables.
- Support the Director, Strategic Planning in any other assigned tasks and initiatives as required.
Qualifications and Experience
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree (or its University equivalent) in Economics, Macroeconomics, Development Economics, Finance, Engineering, Strategic Management or related fields.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in a development finance or other similar institution.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English. A good working knowledge of Arabic, French, and/or Spanish is an asset.
- Ability to work across teams in a collaborative and respectful manner.
- Keen interest in development finance.
- Highly motivated proactive and driven.
- Strong willingness and capacity to learn.
- Cross culturally sensitive and ability to communicate in a manner consistent with the international nature of the organization.
- Some knowledge of development issues.
- Ability to manage multiple, simultaneous and shifting demands, priorities and tight deadlines with the capability to work within specified time limits.
- Good analytical skills and demonstrated ability to distil raw data into strategically relevant inputs.
- Excellent written communication skills including long form documents and PowerPoint presentations.
- Ability to work efficiently in a well-structured, focused, timely manner.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online