The U.S. Mission to Nigeria comprises of the Embassy in Abuja, FCT, and the Consulate General in Lagos. U.S. Consulate General Lagos is the Mission’s representative to the Nigerian people in the southern region.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Warehouse Worker – All Interested Candidates (Team Lead)
Announcement Number: Lagos-2023-001
Hiring Agency: Consulate General Lagos
Series / Grade: LE – 0805 4
Work Schedule: Full-time – 48 hours per week
Promotion Potential: LE-4
- Hiring Path: Open to the public
- Who May Apply/Clarification From the Agency:
- For USEFM – FS is BB. Actual FP salary determined by Washington D.C.
- All Interested Applicants
- Security Clearance Required: Public Trust – Background Investigation
- Appointment Type: Permanent
- Appointment Type Details: Indefinite subject to successful completion of probationary period.
- The work schedule for this position is: Full Time (48 hours per week)
- Start date: Candidate must be able to begin working within a reasonable period of time (6 weeks) of receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances / certification.
- Supervisory Position: Yes
- Relocation Expenses Reimbursed: No
- Incumbent is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of the warehouse, including keeping the warehouse tidy, clean, in good condition and making sure property and furniture is properly stored.
- Has the day-to-day responsibility for warehouse safety and security, under the guidance of SHEM and POSHO, through policies determined by STATE. Incumbent is the team leader for 5 Warehouse Workers.
Qualifications and Evaluations
- Completion of Secondary School is required.
- Two (2) years experience in warehouse work is required, including work involving the safe lifting, storing, and movement of related goods.
- Knowledge of warehouse operations and procedures is required.
- Knowledge of efficient use of warehouse storage space and ability to coordinate activities and stacking of items/equipment is required.
- This may be tested. Please specify your level of proficiency in the language listed.
- Good working knowledge Speaking/Writing/Reading in English is required.
Skills and Abilities:
- Must be able to perform moderately heavy work, including the physical ability to lift up to 50 lbs. and make heavy lifts at times using appropriate safety equipment such as forklifts and other mechanical lifting aids.
- Must be able to count stock, read property numbers, and record by use of a scanner. Must have basic typing skills for data entry and basic computer user skills (MS Word).
- Must have a valid, current category E Nigerian driver’s license for a car.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO):
- The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
- All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
Benefits and Other Info
- Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Mission in Abuja, Nigeria may receive a compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
- For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office.
- The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
- For the current COVID-19 Requirements please visit the following link.
- Hiring Preference Selection Process: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
Hiring Preference Order:
- AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
- AEFM / USEFM
- FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
- Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant. The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
- ** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
- For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc.?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link.
- We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply.
N4,146,835 / USD $27,782 annually.
Application Closing Date
17th January, 2023.
How to Apply
Interestes and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a Public Trust clearance.
- To apply for this position click the “APPLY TO THIS VACANCY” button at the top of the page.
- Click on the “Submit Application” button to complete your application process. For more information on how to apply visit the Mission internet site.
To qualify based on education, you MUST submit the requested degree and / or transcripts as verification of educational requirement by the closing date of this announcement. Failure to provide requested information, or the information is insufficient to verify eligibility, may result in disqualification for this position.
- Residency and/or Work Permit
- Secondary School/High School Certificate
- Valid Nigerian Driver’s License
Eligible Family Member Applicants:
- Copy of Sponsor’s Orders/Assignment Notification (or equivalent)
- DD-214 – Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
- SF-50 (if applicable)
- Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
- For further information – the complete position description listing all of the duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources Office.
- Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Mission in Lagos, Nigeria.