Olusegun Agagu University of Science and Technology (OAUSTECH), Okitipupa was established by the Ondo State government in 2008. It was initially named as Ondo State University of Science and Technology (OSUSTECH). The government changed the name to Olusegun Agagu University of Science and Technology (OAUSTECH) in 2019. It is a technology-based institution, which aims at providing the needed manpower training for industrial and technological development of Ondo State and Nigeria as a whole.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and interested candidates to fill the non-teaching staff position below:
Job Title: Deputy Director of Internal Audit
Location: Okitipupa, Ondo
Unit: Internal Audit
The Deputy Director of Internal Audit is responsible to the Vice- Chancellor through the Director for the day-to-day administration of the Internal Audit Unit on the following:
- Conduct an annual risk assessment of the University in consultation with the Finance and General Purpose Committee and Management; develop an appropriate annual internal audit plan to monitor and report the adequacy and effectiveness of the University and its subsidiaries’ processes and risk management.
- Coordinate and provide oversight on control and monitoring functions such as risk management, compliance, security, legal, ethics, environment and external audit.
- Report to the Governing Council, Finance and General Purpose Committee and Management significant issues related to the processes for controlling the activities of the University and its subsidiaries by recommending potential areas in need of improvement.
- Preparation and presentation of periodic risk-based Audit report to the Governing Council on the status and results of the annual internal audit plan for decision making.
- Assess the means of safeguarding assets, review established procedures and systems and propose improvements.
- Carry out ad hoc appraisals, special investigations or reviews as requested by the Governing Council, Finance and General Purpose Committee and Management.
- Ensure that significant legislative or regulatory issues impacting the University are recognized and addressed timely and appropriately.
- Ensure that potential fraud risk is managed; fraud deterrence controls are evaluated for adequacy and effectiveness and suspected occurrences of fraud are investigated.
- Develop and implement internal audit control strategies, policies and procedures across various departments in the University while observing effectiveness of established internal control policies, procedures and processes; and ensuring compliance with IT Policies.
- Lead, direct and coordinate affairs of the Internal Audit department by assigning both routine and one off assignments to internal audit team as the job requires.
- Identify control issues and advising management on control weaknesses.
- Budget review, payroll management; ensuring value for money, pre-payment Audit of payment vouchers.
- Carry out high level investigations and audit enquiries, monitoring and evaluating contract performance.
- Handle related correspondences.
- Discussion of the university financial statements and management accounts with the External Auditors and Bursary before presentation to Council.
Qualifications and Experience
- Possession of a good First Degree not below Second Class Lower in Accounting or other related financial disciplines obtained from recognized Universities or tertiary institutions.
- At least thirteen (13) years cognate experience, three (3) of which must have been at a Senior Management position (i.e Chief Internal Auditor) in a University or an equivalent institution of higher learning, or an appropriate corporate organisation.
- NYSC Discharge / Exemption Certificate.
- Applicants must be a full member of a recognized professional Accounting / Audit bodies such as ICAN, ANAN, ACCA, ACMA, and CPA.
- Evidence of computer literacy/proficiency in the use of relevant accounting/auditing packages is mandatory.
- Possession of a Postgraduate degree in relevant field(s) and membership of Institute of Internal Auditors of Nigeria (IIAN) and Chartered Institute of Forensic Certified Fraud Examiner of Nigeria (CIFCFEN) will be added advantages.
Application Closing Date
21st March, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit 15 copies of their Applications with Curriculum Vitae (CV) and photocopy of Certificates to the Registrar. The Curriculum Vitae (CV) should follow the format below:
- Full Names
- Date of Birth
- Place of Birth
- State and Local Government of Origin
- Permanent Home Address
- Current Postal/Contact Address
- E-Mail Address & GSM
- Marital Status
- Number of Children (with names and ages)
- Next of Kin
- Institution(s) Attended obtained (with dates)
- Academic Qualifications obtained (with dates)
- Professional Qualifications (with dates)
- Honours, Distinctions and Membership of Professional Bodies
- Working Experience
- Present Employment: Status, Salary and Employer
- Service to the Community (with status and date)
- Extra-Curricular Activities
- Major Conferences and Workshops attended with papers read
- List of Publications as appropriate and any other relevant information
- Names and Addresses of Three (3) Referees.
- Signature and Date
All Applications should be marked “ATTENTION OF HUMAN RESOURCES” and sent to:
Olusegun Agagu University of Science and Technology (OAUSTECU),
P.M.B. 353, Okitipupa,
Ondo State, Nigeria.
Note: Applicants are to inform their referees to send confidential reports to the Registrar via the address above.