Federal Polytechnic Orogun, Delta State was established by the Act titled: An Act to Establish Federal Polytechnic Orogun, Delta State to Provide Full-time & Part-time courses in Technology, Applied Science, Management and Other Fields of Studies and to Make Provisions for the General Administration of the Polytechnic and for related matters (SB 34: Federal Polytechnic Orogun, Delta State (Est., etc) Bill, 2019). Enacted by the National Assembly of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, and Approved by His Excellency,
President Muhammed Buhari, GCFR, President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria on April 27, 2022. The President and Commander-in-Chief has also appointed the Principal Officers of the Polytechnic effective 17th January, 2023.
As the institution wishes to distinguish itself as a digital Polytechnic, applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Town Planner
Location: Orogun, Delta
Grade: CONTEDISS 09
Candidates must possess any of the following qualifications or equivalent, registrable with Town Planning Registration Council of Nigeria (TOPREC):
- A Degree in Urban and Regional Planning / Town Planning obtained from a recognised university.
- Must have 3 or 5 years post-qualification cognate experience
- A pass in the final Examination of the Nigeria Institute of Town Planners.
- Professional Diploma in Urban and Regional planning or Town Planning from a recognised institution (not equivalent to HND).
Application Closing Date
5th April, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
The checklist of documents to be uploaded online are:
- Birth Certificate / Age Declaration / Age Registration with National Population Commission (NPC)
- Educational Certificates / Degrees
- NYSC Discharge Certificate / Certificate of Exemption
- Recent Resume, which should not exceed four pages and arranged in this order:
- Full names
- Date and Place of Birth
- Permanent Home Address
- Contact Address with e-mail address and telephone number(s)
- State of Origin
- Local Government of Origin
- Marital Status, number and ages of children (if any)
- Academic qualifications obtained with dates
- Number of publications (where applicable)
- Years of Teaching and Professional Experience (where applicable) Employment Records
- Computer training (Evidence enclosed) Employment Records
- Membership of professional bodies.
- Extra Curricula Activities
- Names of three Referees, Address and emails (An automatic email will be sent to your Referees to forward a comprehensive report on your behalf. Hence applicants are advised to contact their Referees to check their email inbox or spam for necessary action)
- Valid Government Photo ID (Driver’s Licence, National ID, Biometric Page of International Passport)
Note: Only qualified candidates will be invited for an interview and it is mandatory that successful candidates reside in the immediate environment of the Polytechnic.