Apply for the ongoing 2023 Tony Elumelu Foundation Entrepreneurship Programme. See the descriptions, eligibility, and how you can apply below. Registration for Tony Elumelu Foundation Entrepreneurship Programme 2023 has commenced.
The Tony Elumelu Foundation (TEF), established in 2010, is an African private-sector-led philanthropy in Africa championing entrepreneurship and entrepreneurs across the continent. The Foundation’s long-term investment in empowering African entrepreneurs is emblematic of Tony Elumelu’s philosophy of Africapitalism, which positions Africa’s private sector, and most importantly entrepreneurs, as the catalyst for the social and economic development of the continent.
Applications are invited for:
Title: 2023 Tony Elumelu Foundation Entrepreneurship US$5,000 Programme
- TEFConnect is a proprietary, in-house built networking and empowerment platform of the Tony Elumelu Foundation. It is the largest digital networking platform for African Entrepreneurs and US$5,000 funding to successful entrepreneurs.
- The Tony Elumelu Foundation Entrepreneurship Programme is open to Africans from all 54 African countries with scalable business ideas or a business that has been operational for no more than 5 years.
- Applicants must be 18 years of age and above. Interested applicants may register on TEFConnect.net
- Applicants who do not meet the cut off mark during application would not be eligible to apply for the programme. However, training resources on www.tefconnect.net would still be accessible to these applicants.
- The programme is not open to research institutions, faith based organisations, value adding trading companies, government contractors and businesses not located in Africa.
- Businesses must not adversely affect the environment, lives and property. Existing businesses or business ideas must be for profit, and must be the original work of those making the submission.
- All businesses must be business ideas or an early stage company, in the range of 0 to 5 years old.
- What if I run multiple early-stage businesses?
- Your application must focus on ONE business only. We advise choosing your best, most feasible/innovative business idea. Selected entrepreneurs are not permitted to apply for future cohorts of the programme, even with a different business or business idea.
- Current employees or their family members from the Tony Elumelu Foundation and affiliate companies in the Heirs Holdings Group and UBA Group are not eligible to apply for the TEF Entrepreneurship Programme, either individually or as part of a team.
- No, existing TEF Beneficiaries cannot re-apply to the programme after receiving seed capital. For non-TEF beneficiaries who have applied to the programme unsuccessfully in the past, you are eligible to re-apply.
- US$5,000 SEED capiatal.
- The platform offers networking/connections with over 1 million African entrepreneurs
- Hundreds of learning content on Finance, Marketing, Branding, Talent Management, Technology and many more…
- The Marketplace creates access to the African market and offers our Alumni the opportunity to showcase their business products and services for increased visibility
- View and apply for global business opportunities made available by our network of Partners
- View and access business tools to ease the management of your business
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click Here to Start the Application
Click here for more information
Check Also; Top 8 Best Loan Apps in Nigeria 2023 with No Collateral
- The Tony Elumelu Foundation is not associated with any agent for its entrepreneurship programme application purposes and condemns such act. If you know of anyone asking for money in exchange for application assistance, please report it by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Register/Login to TEFConnect, on the Home Page, click on the Applications link. Select the Programme you would like to apply for and follow the instructions. The application portal opens on the 1st of January of each year. It’s free to apply. All the best!