God’s City International Church is a multicultural church inaugurated on the 1st of May 2016 under the leadership of Pastor Matthew and Pastor Mrs. Mary Morakinyo with an assignment to preach the gospel and with the help of the Holy Spirit, deliver people from sin, sickness, power of darkness, poverty, restoration of destiny and nurture them to be a mobile fire to also carry out the same assignment.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Chief Electrician
Location: Jabi, Abuja (FCT)
- We are seeking a Chief Electrician, who will facilitate repairs, maintenance, modification, and installation across the Ministry’s electrical architecture.
- Installing, maintaining, and repairing electrical wirings, fixtures, systems, and equipment according to current National Electrical Codes and Standards.
- Design, install, collaborate, and supervise electrical systems and structures for ongoing and future building projects of the ministry including determining materials needed and estimating cost.
- Design and read technical diagrams and blueprints
- Review existing electrical systems and structures, make recommendations and proffer solutions where appropriate.
- Troubleshooting electrical issues using appropriate methods and testing devices.
- Inspect electrical equipment for defect, damage, or potential hazards such as fire hazards or shoch risks.
- Repair electrical equipment which may include audio, visual and lightning devices.
- Manage and facilitate the repair of generators across the Ministry’s properties.
- Stay up to date on trends, best practices, and technologies that can help improve electrical efficiency of the Ministry’s properties.
- Perform circuit breaker corrective maintenance
- Installation, servicing, and repairs of air conditioning systems as well as various testing equipment and future installations (transformers, heavy duty equipment etc)
- Direct and train a team to install, maintain or repair electrical wiring and equipment.
- Manage existing solar structures in the Ministry while improving on functionality and efficiency.
- Perform other related duties and on occasion assist with other task and projects assigned by The Project Manager.
- OND, HND, or B.Sc in Electrical Engineering and equivalent qualifications.
- 5-10 years of verifiable experience in a similar role or capacity
- Born-again Christian and hard working.
- Fully participate in the life of the church as an active member of the Ministry
- Thorough knowledge of National Safety Standards, Legal Regulations and Guideline.
- Healthy with ability to navigate tight spaces and height and fully range of smell/hearing to be able to swiftly detect faults.
- Performs and maintains tasks with an appropriate level of confidentiality.
- Facilitates repairs, maintenance, modification, and installation across the Ministry’s electrical architecture.
- Good, working knowledge of maintenance, repair and installation of audio video and lighting (AVL) equipment will be an added advantage
- Good knowledge of electrical DC applications particularly solar and battery powered systems (on-grid and off-grid).
- Flexible hours for availability (including evenings and weekends)
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving ability.
- High level of understanding of electrical
- Very high attention to detail.
- Responsive and proactive planner; be able to lead and multitask
- Highly adaptable, and receptive to feedback and change.
- Exhibit good judgment, honesty, integrity, responsibility, and punctuality through the utilization of professional work standards.
What you need to thrive in this job
- The ideal candidate should be driven and always ready to proffer solutions in line with national regulatory standards.
- We are looking for an energetic, dynamic, innovative, creative, and personable individual who is highly involved and very passionate about community engagement.
Application Closing Date
7th March, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letter and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.