PZ Cussons is a dynamic consumer products group and innovator of some of the world’s best known and loved brands. Calling on over 130 years of expertise, we operate internationally in carefully selected developed and emerging markets that present the greatest strategic potential for future growth. Our world-class supply chain and distribution networks enable us to meet our global consumer needs and deliver quality brands that add value and enhance everyday lives.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Area Sales Manager
Job Requisition ID: JR000768
Job Type: Full time
- Drive achievement of profitable volume/market share target for the Area via delivery of sales fundamentals (Coverage, distribution, visibility-shelving/ Merchandising and pricing).
- Ensure Retail Van Coverage scheme within the area is fully deployed and standards maintained in line with PZ Wilmar guidelines.
- Ensures contract with all Key Distributors and all top wholesaler of each Distributor.
- Holds regular business reviews with Active distributors focusing on growth drivers and delivery against distributor platform for growth program.
- Works with distributor operations to ensure the agreed KPIs are delivered by distributors Identifies training needs of TSMs, works with RSM and HR to build sales capability and ensure a talent pipeline.
- Ensures brilliant execution of Trad/Marketing promotional activity by ensuring the right outlets are selected, agencies are adhering to our standards, constant review of what is working and on time in full delivery of reporting.
- Builds the Sales Force capability via embedding coaching as a way of life within the field sales organization.
- Feeds into the demand process to optimize the quality, accuracy and clarity of inputs as a critical factor in the wider business sales and operational objectives.
- Building partnership and close working relationships with distributors, distributor field-sales teams, and other strategic stakeholders within the area. Meetings include:
- Departmental Meetings
- Territorial Sales Meetings
- Area Sales Meetings
- Annual Sales Conference
- Distributor’s forum.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Possess a University Degree, in any discipline, preferably in Business Administration.
- Possess 5 – 8 years’ experience gained across sales/consumer/customer marketing
- A track record in Sales preferably in more than one area. Particularly critical is previous experience of the Field Sales and other customer facing roles.
- A good understanding of all PZ Wilmar Core Selling Capabilities and tools and how these interact together to deliver brilliant execution in Field Sales. Strong capability and able to coach others in Sales Drivers, outlet segmentation, managing relationship including structured call and brand passion.
- Previous experience of coaching/leading others and getting results through teams as well as good commercial understanding, strong numeric skills and a high level of computer literacy is important.
- Be a computer expert especially in MS Word, Excel and Power point.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Be a team player with the ability to drive the team to unsurpassed success.
- Be mobile and willing to be flexible in terms of location.
- Well-developed commercial awareness and customer focus.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online