Ekiti State University, Ado-Ekiti was established on March 30, 1982. The motto of the University is “Knowledge, Honour and Service”. The objectives of the University include: the advancement of knowledge and its practical application to social, cultural, economic, scientific and technological problems; acting as an agent of development through applied research, technical assistance, direct consultation, informational services and internship programme; provision of innovative educational programmes of high standard regardless of the nature of the degree being pursued, as long as this has importance and relevance for the state and national development; meeting of the specific manpower needs of the state in particular, the nation and the world at large; serving as a custodian, promoter and propagator of the states social and cultural heritage.
Applications are hereby invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Bursar
Location: Ado-Ekiti, Ekiti
- The position of Bursar will be vacant with effect from 16th May, 2023. Applications are hereby invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for the position of Bursar.
- The Bursar is the Chief Financial Adviser of the University and he is responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the day to day administration and control of the financial affairs of the University.
Among others, he has the responsibility to:
- Advising on the general financial policy of the University
- Preparing annual estimate of income and expenditure
- Monitoring of income and expenditure in relation to budget and presenting report to the Vice-Chancellor
- Keeping the accounts of the University and preparing statement of financial activities and balance sheets
- Maintaining cash flow project for the current and future years.
- Advising on financial investment of the University
- Administer pension scheme for Teaching and non-teaching staff
- Scrutinizing and passing for payment all invoices
- Organizing special appeals for capital project and endowment funds
- Keeping analysis of cost and other statistical records
- Advising on taxation methods
- Candidates must possess a good honours Degree (not below Second Class Lower Division) in Accounting or related disciplines plus membership of any of the following recognized Professional Accounting bodies namely: ACA, ACCA, ICAN, CA, ACMA and ANAN.
- The candidate should have at least fifteen (15) years post honours degree experience in a University or comparable institution, five (5) years of which must be as a Deputy Bursar in a public university.
- Possession of a higher degree in relevant field and a good working knowledge of appropriate computer packages will be an advantage.
- Applicants must not be more than sixty (60) years of age at the time of appointment.
Terms of Appointment
- Appointment is for a period of five (5) years only, effective from the date of appointment.
- The salary is as applicable in public Universities in Nigeria.
Application Closing Date
3rd May, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit thirty five (35) copies of their application accompanied by a vision and mission statement for the development of the University Bursary of not more than one thousand (1,000) words.
Among others, candidates Curriculum Vitae should include the following:
- Full Name
- Place and Date of Birth
- Home Town / Local Government Area / State of Origin
- Marital Status
- Name and Age(s) of Children (if any)
- Permanent Home Address
- Present Potal Address
- E-mail Address
- Phone Number (preferably Whatsapp)
- Educational Institutions attended with dates
- Membership of Professional Association(s)
- Statement of Experience including details of former and present posts clearly indication career progression.
- List of Publications (if any)
- Other activities outside current employment
- The names and addresses of three referees and
- Proposed date resume Office, if appointed
The application plus relevant documents should be enclosed in an envelope marked ‘Bursar’ at the top left hand corner and be addressed and submitted to:
Ekiti State University,
P.M.B 5363, Ado Ekiti,
Submission of the hard copy must be accompanied with a soft copy of the application sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- In addition to stating the names and addresses of three (3) Referees, candidates should request their referees to forward references on them directly to the address above.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.