Bourbon Interoil Nigeria Limited, as leading international player in marine services, offers to the most demanding oil & gas clients worldwide a full line of innovative, safe, high performance and new generation vessels and an expanded offer of offshore oil & gas services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Second Mate, DPO AHTS DP II M/F
Location: Nigeria (Offshore)
Job type: Contract
Roles and Responsibilities
- Second Mate is third in command of the vessel and a watch keeping officer. Their responsibility lies in the safe and efficient voyage and navigation of the vessel.
- In some cases the Second Officer acts as the Safety Officer ensuring the compliance of the vessel operations with regards to international regulations and company requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Receive and provide necessary written instructions from and to the other Deck Officer
- Is Conversant with the vessel maneuvering and bridge equipment + the vessel DP system including its functions, the manuals and procedures.
- Aware of the DP Plan Maintenance
- Communicate and report to the Master any deficiency, incident or event that may potentially impact the vessel operations (including DP operations)
- Participate in emergency and DP emergency response trainings.
- Committed to Safety and Company Procedures in all task
Areas of Operations:
Rotation (in average):
- 70 days on/off
Qualifications, Skills and Experiences
Our minimum certificates requirements:
- OOW license unlimited (STCW A-II/1)
- DPO unlimited certificate
- NOC (Qatar) Approved preferred
Our minimum experience requirements:
- 6 months seatime as Second Mate DPO on AHTS DP II vessels
- DP Kongsberg experience
- 2 Rig moves/Towing
- 1 Anchor Handling Operation project
- Minimum level of education required: 6 – Other
- Minimum level of experience required: 1-2 years
- Licenses (seafearers only):
- A-IV/2_GMDSS radio personnel
- Deck Officer of the Watch Unlimited (A-II/1)
- Languages: English (Maritime English)
- Type of vessel: AHTS
Application Closing Date
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online