Bourbon Interoil Nigeria Limited, as leading international player in marine services, offers to the most demanding oil & gas clients worldwide a full line of innovative, safe, high performance and new generation vessels and an expanded offer of offshore oil & gas services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Port Engineer
Reference No: 2023-628
Location: Amadi Base, Rivers
Contract type: Permanent Contract
Job Type (Offshore/Onshore); Onshore
Roles and Responsibilities
- Assist the Technical Manager to maintain BINL FCB Fleet Technical Availability above 95%. Support day to day the technical teams dedicated for the surfer maintenance
Description and Expected Outcome/Performance Indicators
- Manages the base technical team to organize daily maintenance according to the PMS
- Issues and coordinates with operations and PMS Method Coordinator the planned maintenance schedule (Monthly Maintenance and dry-dock).
- Assist and advise the technical team for unplanned maintenance period to rectify the breakdowns
- Ensure that the planned tasks are performed as per manual and instructions.
- Issue the technical weekly report
- Manages good functioning of dedication team at the base.
- To provide guidance and solutions to technical issues to ensure the full technical readiness and optimum performance of the vessels in meeting the service commitments of the company.
- To provide a leading role and technical expertise in the event of an emergency response situation.
- To promote safety and safe working practices as an operational necessity.
- To provide effective communication across all levels within the company to inform of significant operational/technical issues that impact on the availability of vessels.
- To keep proper operational records.
- To assist the crew during cases of troubleshooting.
- To be constantly aware of the situation of the vessels, the maintenance status and the repairs needs of the vessels on a short, medium- and long-term basis.
Qualifications, Skills and Experiences
- A Bachelor’s Degree in IT, Computer Science, or a related field
- Minimum: B.Tech / HND in Marine Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or any related discipline.
- Familiarity with ISM / ISPS is a must
- Ability to use the Microsoft packages: MS Word, Excel, MS Access, Power Point and Outlook
- Extremely knowledgeable about all aspects of Nigeria marine environment and maritime laws.
- Positive, enthusiastic and self-motivated
- Holder of Marine engineering COC unlimited
- Previous experience as Technical Superintendent/ Port Engineer/ Base Engineer
- Sound knowledge of MS Office/ Excel skills
- Good listening and communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to effectively handle multiple priorities, organize workload and meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently and be comfortable working in a multi-cultural environment Team player with administration and crew
- Excellent decision making skills
- Excellent communicator, clear and direct
- Ability to set and meet goals and deadlines
- 5-10 years’ experience in the maritime industry of which 5 should have been in the maritime industry, preferably onboard seagoing vessels.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online