Society for Family Health (SFH) is one of the leading non-governmental public health organisations in Nigeria, implementing programmes in Reproductive Health/Family Planning, HIV & AIDS prevention and treatment, malaria prevention and treatment, primary health care system strengthening and maternal, newborn and child health care. We work in partnership with the Federal and State Governments of Nigeria, the Global Fund, United States Agency for International Development (USAID), Department for International Development (DFID), Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, MSD for Mothers and Children Investment Fund Foundation among other international donors.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: State Technical Adviser
Job ID: sfh-84824
Employment Type: Full-time
Contract Duration: Ongoing
- Effective coordination of all activities relating to and essential for the promotion of quality service delivery in the provision of family planning services among Community Pharmacists in the State.
- Specifically, this position will mentor and supervise the family planning services rendered by community pharmacists ensuring they meet the national service protocol and they uphold all national quality procedures. It might entail, On-the-job training and supervision.
The successful candidate will perform the following functions:
- Lead and coordination the implementation of IntegratE Project 2.0 activities among Community Pharmacists( CPs) and Patent and Proprietary Medicines Vendors ( PPMVs) his / her Focal State
- Lead all community level advocacies, partnership, and mobilization for effective project implementation.
- Lead all engagement with SMOH for policy change to create an enabling environment for project implementation
- Support in capacity building of CPs and PPMVs in FP and PHC services and subsequent update trainings.
- Work with other consortium partners to provide evidence-based information to inform the design and implementation of the project.
- Facilitate Documentation and other administrative responsibilities at the State level
- Provide routine monitoring and supportive supervision to ensure quality is achieved and maintained throughout the implementation of the project.
Qualifications / Experience
- S/he must possess a Degree in Nursing / Midwifery, Pharmacy, or any of the biological sciences.
- A Postgraduate Degree in Public Health or Social Works will be an advantage.
- Candidates must have a minimum of 3 – 5 years post qualification experience in program management, training and managing Family planning, Maternal and Child health programs especially among the private health Sector.
- Proficient in provision of various FP methods especially LARC
- Must have PHC service experience.
- PHC and FP Service Delivery experience.
Skills and Competencies:
- Good written and oral communication skill
- Good presentation and interpersonal skills
- Good analytical and problem-solving skill
- Result oriented &
- Computer literate
Compensation & Benefits
The compensation package for this position is very attractive and designed to attract, motivate and retain talented candidates.
Application Closing Date
26th April, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: We thank prospective applicants for their interest in working with SFH, however, Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. SFH is an equal opportunity employer.