Sahara Group is a leading international energy and infrastructure conglomerate with operations in over 38 countries across Africa, Middle East, Europe and Asia. Spanning three decades, we have broken ground and challenged stereotypes across the global business landscape. The women and men who make up our organization are our strongest levers for growth.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Business Development Supervisor
Iob Identification ID: 32
Location: 7A, Fowler Road, Ikoyi – Lagos
Job Schedule: Full time
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the team to generate new leads, identify and screen potential business opportunities, engage stakeholders, and build partnerships.
- Manage proposal response process, including detailed RFP requirements, content creation, and inputs from various sources
- Support the negotiation of gas supply, gas transportation, Power Sale and EPC agreements on behalf of the generation companies. This is including MOUs, JVAs or other types of negotiations that may be required
- Recommend growth strategies, optimization plans and cost/loss reduction initiatives for the operating companies in power distribution and generation.
- Assist in the coordination and implementation of business strategies to achieve strategic goals
- Effectively track activities and performance of projects/initiatives and report metrics to guide decision making and follow up.
- Monitor and evaluate industry trends and customer drivers, and meet regularly with managers and stakeholders to discuss strategy
- Development of proposals and presentations for new business materials to create and nurture business opportunities and partnerships.
- Maintain and share professional knowledge through learning sessions, networking, events, and presentations
- Undertake other duties commensurate with this position, as designated by the company.
Qualification, Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Economics, Engineering or equivalent. An MBA or Master’s Degree will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 6 years working experience in similar/relevant roles in the power sector or related
- Experience in gas commercial with understanding and experience in natural gas sales and negotiation
- Experience with the development and implementation of business development strategy
- Proven ability to negotiate effectively and handle conflict resolution
- Commercially savvy in engaging customers, internal and external stakeholders; building strong and trusted networks.
- Possess strong interpersonal skills with the ability to engage effectively with various levels of management, staff and stakeholders
- Excellent verbal and written communication, organisational and time management skills
- Capacity to work in a fast paced, team-oriented office environment and under pressure
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (i.e. Excel, PowerPoint and Word).
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural and multi-ethnic environment, with sensitivity and respect for diversity, as well as the ability to build trust amongst other team members.
- knowledge of business financial analysis will be an advantage
Application Closing Date
23rd April, 2023; 04:45
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online