Jhpiego, an Affiliate of Johns Hopkins University, is a global leader in improving healthcare services for women and their families.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Research Assistant
Job ID: 2023-5072
Location: Oyo State
Employment Status: Temporary
Category: International Positions
- We are seeking diligent and detail-oriented Research Assistants to support data collection activities for a research projectin Atiba, Iseyin, and Ibadan North LGAs of Oyo State.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for conducting various data collection activities including household surveys, caregiver interviews, healthcare worker interviews, focus group discussions, key informant interviews, time-motion studies.
- Data will be collected electronically using ODK/REDCap
- Assist with the recruitment and enrolment of study participants
- Identify, recruit and obtain consent from study participants in line with the research protocol,ensuring adherence to the study inclusion and exclusion criteria
- Conduct data collection activities in compliance with study protocol, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Good Clinical Practice (GCP) and data quality control procedures
- Conduct structured observations of providers in intervention sites to collect costing data
- Collect data on acceptability and feasibility of Tropis for ID fIPV administration in the routine immunization program in Nigeria through surveys, qualitative interviews and focus group discussions with caregivers, healthcare workers and other stakeholders at facility and community levels
- Review the quality, accuracy and completeness of data collected with RA supervisor, including timely and accurate data entry, verification and validation within specified timeframe and prior to transmitting to the study
- Ensure confidentiality and data security, including safeguarding research equipment and data capturing devices
- Document and report any deviations from the protocol or ethical issues that arise during data collection
- Participate in study-specific and Tropis device-specific training as required
- Participate in field pilot testing of data collection tools at selected sites in Oyo State
- Attend team meetings and participate in capacity building
- Assist with the coordination of logistics and inventory of supplies of Tropis device and related equipment
- Complete and submit all weekly and monthly progress reports, including data collection tools and completed instruments used during the engagement
- Any other duty assigned
- OND, NCE, HND, Bachelor’s Degree or any other post-secondary school qualification in a Health-related field, Social Sciences, or a related field
- At least 1 year of experience in research project data collection
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Familiarity with electronic data collection tools such as ODK and REDCap is an advantage
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team,
- Must be resident in the study LGAs in Oyo state, this is a prerequisite.
- Knowledge of polio immunization programs in Nigeria is an added advantage.
N12,000 per day (inclusive of transportation and communication).
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: This is a field-based position and will require travel within the study LGAs.