Mobil Producing Nigeria Unlimited (MPN) is a subsidiary of Exxon Mobil Corporation with a long and established history of operations in Nigeria. The company’s oil & gas production activities constitute one of the largest sources of revenue for the Nigerian government.
Applications are invited for:
Job Title: Graduate Internship (Medical Science – Laboratory Scientist)
Location: Eket, Akwa Ibom
Job Segment: Sustainability, CSR, Chemical Research, Scientific, Energy, Management, Engineering
- We are inviting ambitious professionals to be part of our Medicine and Occupational Health (MOH) department.
- This opportunity presents hands-on learning experience from renowned experts in different career fields in our world class organization.
- You will also have the opportunity to think independently, grow to your full potential, and help shape the future of energy.
What role you will play in our team
- As a Laboratory Scientist, you will participate in the Company’s one year graduate internship program in fulfilment of Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR), contributing in fresh graduates’ professional development and exposure to the benefits the experience of working in a multinational organization afford.
- The position is based at Eket, Akwa Ibom State, Nigeria.
What you will do
- Registration of laboratory requests, preparation of work sheets, and recording of results into various results books (if required).
- Phlebotomy (supervised until competency is achieved), collection of blood samples for various laboratory investigations.
- Daily Laboratory Investigations: supervised analyses of various samples in Haematology, Clinical Chemistry, Microbiology (urinalysis), and Serology; processing of blood samples for malaria diagnosis.
- Quality Control: analysis of Haematology/Chemistry control samples for the maintenance of quality in the Clinical laboratory.
- Work bench disinfection – 2xdaily (morning/COB).
- Processing of clinical wastes – autoclaving, waste manifest preparation, waste transportation process.
- Presentation of seminars (2/internship year).
Skills and Qualifications:
- Applicants to this programme must be Nigerians with a degree in Medical Laboratory Science.
- Must have graduated with a minimum grade of Second Class, Upper division (2:1) no earlier than 2019
- Must have completed the National Youth Service Corps scheme (NYSC) no earlier than 2021.
- Must have registered with the Laboratory Science Council of Nigeria with current practicing license.
Preferred Qualifications/ Experience:
- Proficiency in general Medical Laboratory practice with specialty in one or two fields (Microbiology/or Chemistry).
- Good bedside nursing skills and records keeping
- Excellent Interpersonal and Communication
- Exceptional problem resolution and counselling skills
- Commitment to high standards and timeliness
- Proficiency in the use of computer software and e-mail applications
- Good presentation skills
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Disclaimer: No ExxonMobil job advert requires payment of any processing or registration fee.