International Breweries Plc – Our Dream is to bring people together for a better world. Beer, the original social network, has been bringing people together for thousands of years. We are committed to building great brands that stand the test of time and to brewing the best beers using the finest natural ingredients.
Our diverse portfolio of well over 400 beer brands includes global brands Budweiser, Corona and Stella Artois; multi-country brands Beck’s, Castle, Castle Lite, Hoegaarden, and Leffe; and local champions such as Aguila, Bud Light, Jupiler, Klinskoye, Modelo Especial, Quilmes, Skol, and Victoria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Lead, Sustainability & Stakeholder Management
Job ID: 30041815
Location: Osun (Nigeria International Breweries H/O)
Employment Type: Full-time
- The key purpose of this role is to lead the development and execution of a broad-based strategic sustainable development initiative for International Breweries Plc deriving from the Global 2025 Sustainability Goals.
Key Outputs and Responsibilities
- Drive the achievement of the country 2025 Goals on Climate Action, Smart Agriculture, Water Stewardship, Circular Packaging, Smart Drinking and Better World initiatives.
- Develop and implement innovative programme and initiatives on the Goals.
- Continuously secure and leverage senior level commitment and support for integrating sustainable development into core processes and decision-making.
- Collaborate with the company’s internal groups to develop a coordinated sustainability plan.
- Serve as the internal leader and “go to” expert for sustainability, monitoring emerging trends, programs and issues, and communicating and educating others on sustainability topics
- Ensure appropriate internal controls and measurement systems are in place to support sustainability efforts.
- Source, secure and sustain partnerships with other partner organizations or institutions who have similar CSR ambitions to leverage scale and economies
- Prepare periodic reports of planned, on-going and completed projects for each Corporate Social Responsibility cycle and year.
- Own and manage the country stakeholder engagement master plan.
- Execute the company’s annual Sustainability Report
Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR):
- Ensure that the company’s Better World initiatives and other CSR investments and interventions build corporate reputation and contribute to driving corporate success.
- Support the activities of the site’s Corporate Affairs Managers as may be required on CSR at sites.
- Conduct research, come up with ideas, create detailed plans, and implement and coordinate a range of activities and initiatives, which are designed to have a positive impact on communities and the society.
- Work with external agency to develop and maintain detailed proposals for CSR, including identifying and implementing sponsorships with non-profit and other organizations to demonstrate commitment externally
- Oversee Employee Volunteerism – Better World Champions – across the country’s operations.
- National CSR Programmes: develop and work on special national CSR projects (exclusive to community CSR projects) to project the company as a national brand. Such programmes include the Kickstart empowerment programme.
- Manage site mobilization, implementation, completion, handover and delivery of social investment projects on time and within approved budget limit.
Sustainable Development Communications:
- Work with the Internal and Corporate Communications team to ensure there is effective internal and external communications of Sustainability and CSR activity including stakeholder engagement. Foster a culture of sustainability through ongoing organizational communications and education.
- Collaborate closely with internal subject matter experts e.g., Head of Environment, Ecology, Health & Safety etc to ensure appropriate responses and communications on their subject areas.
- Impact Story Telling and Showcase: Collaborate with the Communications Manager, CAMs and other relevant Managers to communicate progress and impact of our key sustainability initiatives internally and externally, including leveraging national, regional and global platforms to showcase the success of such initiatives.
Qualifications & Experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in the Mass Communication, the Social Sciences, or Business related disciplines.
- A minimum of five (5) years relevant work experience covering the development and implementation.
- of a Corporate Social Responsibility strategy.
- Demonstrable knowledge of the business imperatives guiding the implementation of Corporate Social.
- Responsibility programmes.
- Excellent networking skills, particularly relationship-building, interpersonal and communication skills.
- High ethical standards and level of integrity.
Key Skills and Attributes required:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience in Sustainable Development
- Project & Budget Management
- Stakeholder Management
- Community Relations,
- Partnership and Coalition Building
- Project impact communication
Application Closing Date
25th April, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- AB InBev is an equal opportunity employer and all appointments will be made in-line with AB InBev employment equity plan and talent requirements. We are a company that promotes gender equality.
- Internal applicants require Line manager approval.
- Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
- The advert has minimum requirements listed. Management reserves the right to use additional/relevant information as criteria for short-listing.
- Interested candidates who meet the above specifications may apply no later than the closing date.