The Nigerian University of Technology and Management (NUTM) is a tertiary education institution located in Nigeria and established to deliver world-class science, technology, engineering, mathematics (STEM) and Management academic excellence in Africa at the undergraduate, postgraduate, and doctoral levels. The vision is to deliver 5,000 STEM leaders by 2030 and ultimately be ranked as one of the top 50 global institutions in STEM education.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Adjunct Faculty – Psychology
- We invite applications from highly qualified and dedicated individuals to teach undergraduate courses in Psychology. As an adjunct faculty member in the Psychology department, you will have the opportunity to inspire and educate future psychologists, helping them develop a solid foundation in psychological theories and research. This position is part-time and offers flexibility in scheduling.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
Course Development and Instruction:
- Teach undergraduate courses in Group Dynamics and Leadership
- Design and deliver engaging lectures, discussions, and activities that facilitate student learning and critical thinking.
- Support students’ understanding of psychological theories and concepts by providing clear explanations, real-life examples, and interactive learning experiences.
- Develop and assess course materials, including syllabi, assignments, and assessments, to ensure alignment with learning objectives.
- Foster an inclusive and supportive learning environment that values diversity, ethical principles, and ethical conduct in psychological research.
Mentorship and Student Evaluation:
- Provide timely and constructive feedback on student work, promoting their intellectual growth and development.
- Research and departmental duties
- Stay up-to-date with current research and trends in psychology, integrating relevant information into teaching.
- Participate in departmental meetings, curriculum development, and assessment activities to contribute to program improvement.
- A minimum of a Master’s Degree in Psychology or a related field. A doctoral degree is preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of psychological theories, research methods, and foundational areas of psychology.
- Experience in teaching undergraduate psychology courses is highly desirable.
- Familiarity with statistical analysis software (e.g., SPSS) and research methodologies.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to engage with students and colleagues effectively.
- Dedication to promoting student success and fostering a positive learning environment.
- Ethical conduct and commitment to professional standards in psychological research and teaching.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team-oriented academic environment.
What We Offer
To build Africa’s foremost world-class university, we need Africa’s most brilliant minds. Joining NUTM will offer:
- Vibrant work environment.
- Competitive benefit packages.
- Comprehensive health care benefits.
- Flexible work opportunities.
- Continuous Learning and growth.
- Collaborative and innovative company culture.
- Access to a wide network of high impact people.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the position as the subject of the email.