Nigerian University of Technology and Management (NUTM) is a dynamic and forward-thinking start-up university focused on providing cutting edge education in technology and management. NUTM aims to revolutionize higher education in Africa, empower the next generation of leaders and entrepreneurs and be ranked in the top 50 global STEM universities. The National Universities Commission (NUC), Abuja, on 5th June 2023, conveyed the approval of The Federal Executive Council to License NUTM. The university is to take off with twelve (12) programmes under four (4) departments in two (2) schools.
NUTM will commence academic activities in one (1) department and the following three (3) programmes (i) B.Sc Computer Science (ii) B.Sc Cyber Security (iii) B.Sc Information Technology. We are seeking individuals keen on world class quality education to join our prestigious Computing Faculty. The implementation committee of the Nigerian University of Technology and Management hereby announces the vacant position in accordance with the provisions of the Universities (Miscellaneous provision) Act 2001, as amended.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Lecturer
We require candidates who can teach the following programmes:
- Cyber Security
- Computer Science
- Information Technology
Qualification and Experience
- Candidates should possess a PhD Degree in the discipline applied for with at least 6 years post-qualification University teaching, research experience, 15 publications in high impact journal of repute, half of which must be in international outlets.
- Evidence of academic and administrative positions in a university
- Possess appropriate ICT competency in addition to numeracy and literacy.
- Must have mentorship capacity with at least one completed doctoral candidate and can build an academic team.
- Have a vision, mission and core values that align with the vision of the university.
- Has both local and international collaborative and partnership network
- Has attracted substantial research.
- Has entrepreneurial ability and project design execution in terms of patent.
- The ideal candidates are required to possess sound work ethics, effective communication, and technology skills.
Application Closing Date
29th September, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates are required to send copies of their Curriculum Vitae and should include the following details:
- Full Name (Surname, First name, Middle name)
- Place and Date of Birth
- State of Origin/Local Government Area
- Permanent Home Address
- Correspondence Address (if different from Permanent Address)
- Mobile Phone Number
- Email address
- Educational Institutions attended with dates.
- Academic Qualifications and Distinctions obtained with dates.
- Professional Qualification obtained with dates.
- Work experience including full details of former and present posts.
- Community service rendered (including dates and locations)
- Full details of teaching and research experience
- List of publications and dates where applicable
- Honours / Awards
- Membership of Professional Bodies
- Extra-Curricular Activities
- Names and addresses of three Referees.
- Any other relevant information.
All Applications (CV and Cover Letter) should be sent to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Note: At NUTM, we believe in the strength of diversity and the power of inclusivity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, committed to creating a workplace that celebrates the unique talents, perspectives, and backgrounds of our team members.