The OPEC Fund for International Development is a multilateral development finance institution established in 1976. Our 12 Member Countries are: Algeria, Ecuador, Gabon, Indonesia, the Islamic Republic of Iran, Iraq, Kuwait, Libya, Nigeria, Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, and the Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Strategy Specialist
- The Strategic Planning Unit provides relevant strategy, planning, economic and other important inputs that guide operational departments in the development of their work plans, and helps senior management decision-making processes that feed into overall strategy development.
- The role will entail significant involvement in the development of the Fund’s short and long-term strategies, business plans and other strategic initiatives.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate, as a significant part of the core team, in the OPEC Fund’s strategy development, articulation and dissemination.
- Play a lead role in the process of distilling this strategy into yearly business plans and strategic initiatives.
- Develop relevant strategy and policy papers for management’s or governing board consideration and approval.
- Liaise with operations teams and provide support to the Director in monitoring progress towards assigned operational targets.
- Ensure that all new policy proposals and strategic initiatives are aligned with the Fund’s planning priorities and long term strategy.
- Provide support to Senior Management, as requested, on policy developments and the Fund’s response to emerging international issues.
- Provide support on external stakeholder engagement requirements, including inputs for periodic rating agency reviews.
- Play a lead role in the preparation of Country or Sector strategies as required.
- Represent the department, as required, in institution wide working groups and task forces.
- Keep track of trends as they relate to the OPEC Fund’s external environment and propose initiatives to enhance competitive positioning.
- Serve as a focal point, as requested, on strategy issues to internal and external stakeholders.
- Support the development of junior staff by providing coaching and mentorship as required.
- Support the Director, Strategic Planning in any other assigned tasks and initiatives as required.
Qualifications and Experience
- A minimum of a Master’s Degree (or its University equivalent) in Economics, Macroeconomics or Development Economics, Finance, Engineering, Strategic Management or related fields.
- A minimum of 7 years of experience with at least 5 years in a related role at a development finance institution.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English. A good working knowledge of Arabic, French, and/or Spanish is an asset.
- Ability to work across teams in a collaborative and respectful manner.
- Strong sense of responsibility and problem solving abilities.
- Cross culturally sensitive and ability to communicate in a manner consistent with the international nature of the organization.
- Strong knowledge of development issues.
- Proven exposure to the operations and strategic considerations of multilateral development banks.
- Ability to manage multiple, simultaneous and shifting demands, priorities and tight deadlines with the capability to work within specified time limits.
- Strong analytical skills and demonstrated ability to distil integrate and translate complex issues into crisp and strategically relevant insights.
- Excellent written communication skills including long form documents and PowerPoint presentations.
- Ability to work efficiently in a well-structured, focused, timely manner.
- Experience in dashboard development tools and dashboard development a plus.
- Project management skills with an ability to monitor implementation of projects/programs.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online