The OPEC Fund for International Development is a multilateral development finance institution established in 1976. Our 12 Member Countries are: Algeria, Ecuador, Gabon, Indonesia, the Islamic Republic of Iran, Iraq, Kuwait, Libya, Nigeria, Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, and the Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Counsel – Treasury / Capital Markets
- The Chief Auditor provides OPEC Fund with an effective system of risk-based, independent and objective internal oversight that is designed to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of OPEC Fund’s operations through the provision of internal audit and consulting services in accordance with OPEC Fund strategy and frameworks for governance, risk and control, in order to protect and enhance the value of OPEC Fund.
Duties and Responsibilities
Functional strategy formation & implementation:
- Formulates the Internal Audit Function’s strategic and operational plans and manages the staff and activities to ensure the achievement of performance goals and the optimal use of resources.
- Prepares an annual risk-based audit workplan.
- Provides oversight services which will assist OPEC Fund in successfully managing its strategic and operational risks.
- Ensures that internal audit activities are undertaken in accordance with the International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing (IPPF); the Core principles, the Code of Ethics and, the Standards and the Definition of Internal Auditing established by the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) and within the OPEC Fund’s regulatory framework.
- Oversees the quality control of Internal Audit deliverables by reviewing and approving audit reports and working papers and ensuring that all audit findings are supported by appropriate evidence.
- Engages in advisory consultations and coordinates with Senior Management on improvements in risk management, governance and internal control systems.
- Completes and supervises assurance and advisory engagements, reviews, special investigations, as required.
- Maintains a recommendation tracking system (AudimexSD) which is used to monitor the implementation of audit recommendations.
- Regularly reviews and when necessary updates Internal Audit Charter and Internal Audit Manual.
Leadership and direction:
- Leads and manages the Internal Audit Function in compliance with the OPEC Fund’s Rules and Regulations and by the Internal Audit Charter.
- Manages human resources assigned to the Internal Audit Function ensuring appropriate learning, training and development is provided, and conduct performance evaluations.
- Manages the financial resources allocated to the Internal Audit Function.
- Maintains a high-performing Internal Audit Function.
Stakeholder management and engagement:
- Participates in the Governing Board Meetings as well as in Audit and Risk Committee meetings
- Builds and maintains relationships with the OPEC Fund’s Audit and Risk Committee, Director-General and Management.
- Liaises with external audit bodies to strengthen synergies and minimize duplications.
- Leads Internal Audit reporting to Director-General and Audit and Risk Committee.
- Provide monthly dashboard reports to Senior Management and quarterly reports to Audit and Risk Committee.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Controlling, Accounting, Law or other related fields
- Certified Internal Auditor from Institute of Internal Auditors
- A minimum of 20 years of progressively responsible experience, including a minimum of 7 years in managerial role.
- Five years of experience in an international environment, preferably in multilateral financial institutions.
- Other related professional certifications e.g. Certified Fraud Examiner, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Information Security Manager, Chartered Financial Analyst, Certified Public Accountant, Chartered Accountant, ACCA
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English. A good working knowledge of Arabic, French, and/or Spanish is an asset.
- Able to work efficiently in a well-structured, focused manner setting clear priorities.
- Excellent ability to work in an international multi-cultural environment, with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
- Ability to think strategically and creatively.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online