Airtel Nigeria (Airtel Networks Limited) is a leading telecommunications services provider in Nigeria headquartered in Lagos, the commercial nerve-centre of Nigeria. The telco ranks amongst the top four mobile service providers in terms of subscribers with a customer base of more than 39.8 million. The company’s product offerings include 2G, 3G and 4G wireless services, mobile commerce and enterprise services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Data / Voice Roaming IREG Engineer
Location: Lagos, Nigeria (On-site)
Job type: Full-time
Career level: Mid-Senior level
- This job holder is expected to act for technical requirements in the area of Core and Roaming services.
- Be involved in activation of Roaming services with new Operators worldwide, periodical tests and new test according to the changes or improvement of new numbering/routing plan.
- Ensure regular Governance & Roaming KPI’s are delivered as defined Targets.
- Ensure and Maintain Roaming Performance for Voice/Data/SMS KPIs.
- Roaming service activation & Troubleshooting. Configuration and Testing activity.
- IREG tests preparation and execution as per business defined targets
- Proactive checks and analysis as per Roaming Dashboard Activities defined and drive improvement actions in close coordination with Roaming Manager
- Roaming Traffic analysis and improvement action plan to be driven
- Technical guidance and QoS Monitoring thru effective usage of Roaming Suite and other related products
- Drive and Deliver Roaming Products and Solutions to enhance customer delight & Roaming Revenue
- Ensure Weekly Governance with Business, IT and RA to review the status of new launches, Customer complaints & Frauds
- Monitoring of Roaming Inbound and Outbound Traffic
- Regular Configuration audit and implement service gaps
- Regular SIM audits and sign OFF with Roaming Manager to avoid any Potential Frauds
- Understand the roamers performance by managing roaming tests,
- Suggest and implement the right solutions in order to keep the roamers and to improve the roaming traffic,
- Roaming statistics database for reference,
- Track and Review Roaming TT,CR,IREG test, Dashboard
- IR Database management and SIM management
Detailed and Effective Documentation:
- Ensure all documentation are stored in Central location with Unique ID and Version, regularly updated pertaining to:
- Solution Design, HLD,LLD, Acceptance Docs, Roaming Database, Capacity & Utilizations for the Roaming Suite
- NCP & Project Related document
- New Roaming Products
- Roaming N/W KPI & SLA
- Roaming IR Database
- SIM Management Doc
- Technical relationship with Roaming partners
- Ensure Response to the Roaming Partners Queries/Issues
- Prioritize self-workload as required to meet the fluctuating demands of business and requirements from other stakeholders.
Educational Qualifications & Functional / Technical Skills
- Bachelor / Master’s Degree Telecommunication / Electronic Engineering / Computer Science
- Detailed working Telecommunications Knowledge
- Analytical and Presentation skills
- 5 – 7 years of Work Experience on an Telco Roaming/Settlement Systems
- Networking roaming experience,
- Experience in Core/Radio Network, GSM.
- Good project management knowledge
- Experience in measuring and analyzing network KPI ‘key performance indicators’
Other requirements (Behavioural etc.):
- Personal Integrity and good interpersonal relationship
- Must have excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Highly organized and good at implementation
- Time management skills with commitment to project timelines.
- Self-motivational skills
- Good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Good practical skills in troubleshooting and fault resolution for supporting operations teams as an escalation point
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We therefore do not discriminate against applicants on the basis of, among others, their race, disability, their race, disability, religion or gender.
- All employment opportunities are decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.