Nestoil is Nigeria’s largest indigenous Engineering, Procurement, Construction and Commissioning (EPCC) Company in the Oil and Gas sector and has been a significant contributor to local content in the industry since inception about 30 years ago. With about 2,000 direct employees, Nestoil continues to redefine industry standards in Pipeline Construction, Repairs and Maintenance with associated facilities for Dredging, River Crossing and Shoreline Protection.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Lead, Instrument and Control Engineer
- At Nestoil, we’re on an evolutionary journey where we’re changing our story. We are looking to hire an experienced Lead, Instrument & Control Engineer to join our diverse team in Neconde Energy Limited.
- In this role, you will be responsible for coordinating instrument and control engineering activities to achieve production optimization with effective and efficient process control systems.
- You will also ensure a holistic approach to process control optimization to achieve sustainable and reliable production operation.
- You will coach and mentor the operations teams in process control, troubleshooting and the basis of control systems technology.
As a Lead, Instrument & Control Engineer you will:
- Coordinate instrument and control discipline engineering activities, ensuring accurate and timely communication of needs to meet operations objectives.
- Develop metering solution for the accurate measurement of oil and gas produced at the respective flow stations and the volumes exported- at each gathering station and export terminal. Automate the metering systems at all flow-stations and terminals. (Ugo Ocha, Keremor, Odidi, Jones Creek, Batan and Egwa).
- Proactively identify and resolve in a timely manner all electrical and automation issues trouble shooting, reliability enhancements and efficiency monitoring.
- Integrate the control systems of various equipment and process facilities to ensure that they function as an efficient and reliable integrated system.
- Seek and implement I&C technologies to improve the reliability of Company’s operating systems.
- Influence organizational capability of operations and engineering teams to ensure that proper focus on E&I issues resolutions is active and effective in all fields.
- Review equipment vendors DCS/SIS/F&G designs and execution plans and provide guidance and direction to help achieve the project objectives. Measuring performance and effectiveness.
- Design ICSS, Alarm management, Instrumentation specifications, programming simulation, testing and start-up for major equipment.
- Revamp the PLC and DCS and automate the control systems at the flow-stations.
- Upgrade the Motor Control Center (MCC) and switch gear room at the flow stations (Odidi, Jones Creek and Batan).
- Support operations in preparing for commissioning and start-up of major equipment.
- Serve as a positive team lead and subject matter expert with respect to process control and instrumentation.
What are we looking for?
- A Degree in Electrical and Electronics Engineering.
- Member of the Nigerian Society of Engineers, Corporate Member – Council for the Regulation of Engineering in Nigeria.
- Minimum of 12 years instrument and control engineering experience in the oil and gas industry, at least 3 of which must be in a lead or supervisory role.
- Experience in monitoring, maintaining and change management of DCS, SIS and PLCs.
- Strong background and experience in process control hardware and software, PLCs and SIS.
- Ability to train, coach and develop less experienced engineers and operations staff.
- Strong background and experience supporting upstream oil and gas production operation.
- Able to detect and resolve process control issues before they become severe problems.
- Engineering design: Knowledge of capital project execution processes and design engineering: That is, development and interpretation of PFDs, P&IDs, Equipment Instrumentation, etc. and necessary design assurance activities.
- Strong writing communication skills, ability to produce high-quality technical reports and memorandum in a timely manner.
- Strong background and experience with monitoring process control loop performance versus business needs and implementing process control improvements.
Application Closing Date
9th February, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online