The Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) is a regional group of fifteen West African countries. Founded on 28 May 1975, with the signing of the Treaty of Lagos, its mission is to promote economic integration across the region.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Selection of an Individual Consultant to Develop a Communication Strategy for the ECOWAS Integrated Human Capital Development (HCD) Strategy
Reference No.: ECW/VP-HCD/IC/02-2023
- The ECOWAS Commission intends to use part of its budget to finance the contract of an Individual Consultant to develop the communication strategy for the ECOWAS Integrated Human Capital Development (HCD)
- This consultancy assignment shall therefore require the provision of the technical expertise, to promote the communication and visibility of the activities implemented by the Human Capital Development Strategy under the office of the Vice President.
- The overall objective of this consultancy service is to ensure that a clear agenda is set to significantly improve performance in the priority thematic areas, also, seeking a creative balance between physical and human capital by improving public spending on human capital.
- The study should also reinforce stimulating real economic growth and reduce poverty rates by prioritizing human capital development efforts. Lastly, this study aims at Improving resource mobilization in priority thematic areas.
- The assignment shall last six (6) weeks from the date the contract is signed.
Duties and Responsibilities of the Consultant
The Consultant’s tasks shall include the following:
- Provide expertise and guidance for the development of a communication strategy and action plan for the Human Capital Development Strategy, to enhance advocacy and visibility among stakeholders and the populations of the ECOWAS region.
- Develop a Communication Strategy for the Human Capital Development Strategy.
- Develop an Action Plan for the implementation of the Communication Strategy.
The ECOWAS Commission invites eligible Individual Consultants (“Consultants”) to express their interest in providing the services. Interested consultants shall provide information showing that they have the qualifications and experience to provide the requested services. The applicants are to meet the criteria set out below:
- Master’s Degree in Communication, Social Sciences or related fields.
- Minimum of ten (10) years of professional experience in Communications, and the development of communication products.
- Minimum of 5 years communication expertise in at least one of the subject areas identified in the strategic objectives of Human Capital Development Strategy and one (1) of the relevant thematic areas.
- Relevant experience in conducting at least two (2) similar assignments or productions in one of the thematic areas for an international organization, a donor-funded project or a public / private entity.
- Demonstrable experience of working with multiple partners to develop communication products.
- Experience in developing high quality communication tools and products in the ECOWAS sub-region.
- Samples of 2 recent relevant communication products developed
- Individual consultants must be fluent in at least two of the ECOWAS official languages i.e. French, English or Portuguese (written and verbal communication).
Application Closing Date
3rd March, 2023 at 11:00 a.m. (GMT+1, Nigerian time).
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Expressions of Interest with subject “Selection of an Individual Consultant to Develop a Communication Strategy for the ECOWAS Integrated Human Capital Development (HCD) Strategy” to: firstname.lastname@example.org , with copies to: email@example.com ; firstname.lastname@example.org ; email@example.com
Click here for more information
Important Information and Notice
- The ECOWAS Commission would like to draw the attention of interested consultants to Article 117 of the revised ECOWAS Procurement Code on “Fraud and Corruption”, which provides information on fraudulent or corrupt practices in competition or contract execution.
- Furthermore, candidates are invited to take cognisance of the specific information on conflict of interest related to this consultancy service, under Article 118 of the revised ECOWAS Procurement Code.
- The selection of the consultant will be made following the criteria for the Selection of Individual Consultants set out in the Guidelines for Consultants.
- The candidate with the highest score will be invited to submit a technical and financial proposal.
- Interested consultants may obtain more information by contacting the Procurement Division at the email below during working hours, i.e., Monday to Friday, from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm (GMT +1). Email: firstname.lastname@example.org , with copies to: email@example.com ; firstname.lastname@example.org ; email@example.com