African Development Bank Group (AfDB) – Established in 1964, the African Development Bank is the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent. There are 80 member states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries). The Bank’s development agenda is delivering the financial and technical support for transformative projects that will significantly reduce poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic growth.
We invite suitably qualified candidates to indicate their interest in joining the Department in the capacity below:
Job Title: Solution Architect – TCIS
Location: Abidjan, Cote d’Ivoire
Consultant type: Individual Consultant
Department: Corporate IT Services Department (TCIS)
Duration of the assignment: 12 months
Estimated Date of commencement: 1st April 2023
Brief Description of the Assignment
- The Corporate Information Technology Services Department (CHIS) invites Individual Consultants to indicate their interest in providing the above-described services. Interested Consultants shall provide information on their qualifications and experience demonstrating their ability to undertake this Assignment (documents, reference to similar services, experience in similar assignments, etc.).
- The solutions architect proactively and holistically leads and supports EA activities that guide the development and management of a portfolio of solutions. Solutions include projects, systems (including applications, technologies, processes, and information), shared infrastructure services and shared application services.
- They understand the concepts of business goals, objectives and business outcomes, business capabilities, value-streams, and business processes and their importance in solution architecture.
- The solutions architect provides the necessary leadership, analysis and design tasks related to support the development of technology solutions to ensure that solutions meet business needs and align with architectural governance and standards.
- They create deliverables for managing the organization’s portfolio of “to be” and “as is” solutions – including systems (applications, processes, information and technology), shared infrastructure services, and shared application services and components to enable and drive targeted business outcomes.
- The Solution Architect is member of the enterprise architecture team, reports to the principal enterprise architect and works closely with other architects, and counterparts in Information Technology.
The consultant’s duties will include the following:
- Analyzes and document requirements, creates solution prototype, controls solution development and supports project management.
- Translates business and technical requirements into an architectural blueprint to achieve business objectives and documents all solution architecture design and analysis work.
- Understands business drivers and business capabilities (future and current state) and determines corresponding enterprise solution designs and change requirements to drive the organization’s targeted business outcomes.
- Monitors the current-state solution portfolio to identify deficiencies through aging of the technologies used by the application, or misalignment with business requirements.
- Understands emerging technology trends and disruptions and their practical application to enable new and evolving business and operating models.
- Facilitates the evaluation and selection of software product standards and services, as well as the design of standard and custom software configurations.
- Consults with application and infrastructure development projects and products to fit systems or infrastructure to architecture and identifies when it is necessary to modify, designs to accommodate the solutions architecture.
- Leads evaluation, design and analysis for the implementation of a solutions architecture across a group of specific business applications or technologies based on enterprise business strategy, business capabilities, value-streams, business requirements and enterprise standards.
- Manages and develops the architecture for a broader scope of projects or products, working closely with application architects that manage and design architecture for a single project or product or initiative.
- Develops a roadmap for the evolution of the enterprise solution portfolio from current to future state, as defined by the solutions architecture
- Acts as a consultant on a broad range of technologies, platforms, and vendor offerings to drive targeted business outcomes.
- Creates architectural designs to guide and contextualize solution development across products, services, projects, and systems, including applications, technologies, processes, and information.
- Defines data architectural approach and defines the foundation for data and governance strategy.
Required skills and qualifications
- Master’s Degree Preferred, in Computer Science, Information-Technology, Software Engineering, System Analysis or a related study, or equivalent experience
- 8+ years of IT experience, experience in at least two IT solution development disciplines, including technical or infrastructure architecture, network management, application development, middleware, database management or cloud development
- Proven experience in data management and data governance
- Exposure to multiple, diverse technologies, platforms, and processing environments with preferably a good knowledge and/or experience of SAP 4/Hana and Microsoft technologies
- Good understanding of product management, agile principles and development methodologies and capability of supporting agile teams by providing advice and guidance on opportunities, impact, and risks, taking account of technical and architectural debt
- Knowledge of various backend development languages like Java, Go and Python
- Knowledge of various database technologies like MySQL, MongoDB and Oracle
- Knowledge of various aspects of a technology architecture like integration, network and security
- Knowledge of information principles and processes
- Knowledge of financial models and budgeting
- Understanding and knowledge of system development life cycle methodologies (such as waterfall, spiral, agile software development, rapid prototyping, incremental, synchronize and stabilize, and DevOps)
- Understanding and knowledge of IT service management (ITSM) and Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL)
- Knowledge of different modeling languages (such as UML and ArchiMate) Understanding of IT standards and controls
- Excellent understanding of application development methodologies and infrastructure and network architecture
- Excellent analytical, planning, organizational and technical and skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work with developers in an outsourced environment.
Application Closing Date
17th February, 2023 (17:00 hours Abidjan local time).
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Expression of Interest to: firstname.lastname@example.org using “Expression of Interest – Solution Architect” as the subject of the mail.
For the attention of:
IT Recruitment Team,
African Development Bank,
Corporate IT Services Department (TCIS),
Avenue Joseph Anoma,
01 B.P. 1387,
Abidjan, Cote d’Ivoire.
Tel.: (+225) 27 20 26 22 61
Click here for more information
Click here for the Job Description (PDF)
Establishment of the Shortlist
A shortlist of three to six individual consultants will be established at the end the request of expressions of interest. The consultants on the shortlist will be judged on the following criteria on the basis of their updated Resume:
|Level of education in general||20%|
|Educational level compared to the field of mission||20%|
|Years of experience in general||20%|
|Number of years of experience relevant to the mission||40%|
- The eligibility criteria, the establishment of a shortlist and the selection procedures shall be in conformity with the Bank’s procedures for the acquisition of consulting services funded by the administrative or capital expenditure.
- Interest expressed by a Consultant does not imply any obligation on the part of the Bank to include him/her in the shortlist.
- Interested Individual Consultants may obtain further information at the address above during the Bank’s working hours: from 08:00 to 17:00 hours, Abidjan Local Time.