Federal Polytechnic Orogun, Delta State was established by the Act titled: ‘An Act to Establish Federal Polytechnic Orogun, Delta State to Provide Full-time & Part-time courses in Technology, Applied Science, Management and other fields of studies and to make provisions for the general administration of the Polytechnic and for related matters (SB 34: Federal Polytechnic Orogun, Delta State (Est., etc) Bill, 2019)’ enacted by the National Assembly of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, and approved by His Excellency, President Muhammed Buhari, GCFR, President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria on April 27, 2022. The President and Commander-in-Chief has also appointed the Principal Officers of the Polytechnic effective 17th January, 2023.
As the institution wishes to distinguish itself as a digital Polytechnic, applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Senior Lecturer
Location: Orogun, Delta
Grade: CONPCASS 07
We require Lecturers who can teach in the following departments:
- Computer Science
- Mechanical Engineering Technology
- Civil Engineering Technology
- Electrical / Electronic Engineering Technology
- Chemical Engineering Technology
- Agricultural and Bio-Environmental Technology
- Department of Computer Engineering Technology
- Department of Metallurgical Engineering Technology
- Welding and Fabrication Engineering Technology
- Foundry Engineering Technology
- Science Laboratory Technology
- Library and Information Science
- Hospitality and Tourism Management
- Fine and Applied Arts
- Fashion Design and Clothing Technology
- Business Administration Management
- Banking and Finance
- Human Resource Management
- Mass Communication
- Office Technology and Management
- Office Production and Operations Management
- Entrepreneurship Education
- General Studies.
- Candidates must possess relevant Master’s Degree with at least fifteen years teaching / research or industrial work experience.
- Such a candidate must have published a total of seven conference / seminar papers, six journal articles accepted for publication, or contribution of two chapters in a standard text book(s).
Application Closing Date
5th April, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
The checklist of documents to be uploaded online are:
- Birth Certificate / Age Declaration / Age Registration with National Population Commission (NPC)
- Educational Certificates / Degrees
- NYSC Discharge Certificate / Certificate of Exemption
- Recent Resume, which should not exceed four pages and arranged in this order:
- Full names
- Date and Place of Birth
- Permanent Home Address
- Contact Address with e-mail address and telephone number(s)
- State of Origin
- Local Government of Origin
- Marital Status, number and ages of children (if any)
- Academic qualifications obtained with dates
- Number of publications (where applicable)
- Years of Teaching and Professional Experience (where applicable) Employment Records
- Computer training (Evidence enclosed) Employment Records
- Membership of professional bodies.
- Extra Curricula Activities
- Names of three Referees, Address and emails (An automatic email will be sent to your Referees to forward a comprehensive report on your behalf. Hence applicants are advised to contact their Referees to check their email inbox or spam for necessary action)
- Valid Government Photo ID (Driver’s Licence, National ID, Biometric Page of International Passport)
Note: Only qualified candidates will be invited for interview and it is mandatory that successful candidates reside in the immediate environment of the Polytechnic.