Save the Children is the leading independent organization for children in need, with programs in over 120 countries. We save children’s lives. We fight for their rights. We help them fulfil their potential. Save the Children is working in Nigeria because one in five children in Nigeria dies before their fifth birthday. About 40% of children miss out on school and have to work to survive while nearly 2 million children have lost one or both parents to an AIDS-related disease.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Supply Chain Assistant – Warehouse
Job ID: 230001M7
Location: Damaturu, Yobe
Post Type: National
Employee Status: Fixed Term
Reports to: Logistics Officer
Team: Programme Operations / Logistic
- Level 3 – the responsibilities of the post may require the post holder to have regular contact with or access to children or young people
- The post holder will be tasked with facilitating and coordinating smooth operations which include receiving, storing dispatching and reporting of all goods and supplies that pass through the SCI Damaturu warehouse system.
- The post holder will also be responsible for ensuring proper stock keeping records, effective use of space available, and coordination with various departments including programs and procurement on storage needs.
Scope of Role
Key Areas of Accountability:
- Establish detailed mapping of available storage facilities and maintain up-to-date stock records for each area/facility. This includes bin cards, stock cards, spread sheets, and clearly labelled goods.
- Maintain Total Inventory Management (TIM) system for Damaturu FO warehouse.
- Maintain appropriate stock of frequently used supplies through establishing a reorder level consistent with monthly usage
- Liaise with the Procurement team and Admin team to ensure all stored materials earmarked for a specific location are made ready for onward transport, either by charter, SC vehicles, or hired trucks to maximize storage space
- Safeguarding commodities from any type of damages. To this effect, the Supply Chain Assistant-Warehouse must ensure that:
- Storage is safe and clean, and protects commodities from damage and loss
- Expiry dates of perishable commodities are regularly followed
- Goods are kept according to their homogeneity, and all materials must be kept visibly separate.
- Follow established procedures for depositing and withdrawing goods from stores and conduct regular inventory checks.
- Ensuring that regular stock reconciliation is carried out and any discrepancies are properly investigated and reported to the Logistics Officer
- Prepare and submit Weekly, Monthly, and Quarterly Stock Reports to the line manager as needed
- Ensure warehouses are clean and goods are well organized according to their type and homogeneity at all times
- Ensure the effective and efficient use of all Save the Children resources in order to keep costs low and ensure safety in the workplace
- Lead, manage and motivate a team, ensuring that they have clear objectives and receive meaningful feedback on their performance.
- Advise your line manager on potential disposable of stocks.
- Maintain all warehouse & Asset files adequately.
- Review on a daily basis and follow up with relevant staff copying SLs to receive all orders with nearing or reached due dates
- Collaborate with program staff during deliveries and dispatch of items from the warehouse
Additional job responsibilities
- The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience as assigned his line manager.
Qualifications and Experience
- B.Sc or its equivalent in relevant field of study with 1 – 2 years warehouse experience
- NGO experience will be an added advantage
- Must have completed the mandatory one year NYSC.
- Good written and spoken English knowledge
- Knowledge of local language spoken in an added advantage.
- A good team player
- Commitment to and understanding of save the Children’s aims, values and principles
- A commitment to children’s rights and principles of equal opportunity
- A high level of computer literacy (word, excel, ppt etc).
Skills and Behaviours (our Values in Practice):
- Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves (and their team), takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages others to do the same
- Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- Future orientated, thinks strategically
- To be able to organize casual workers when required at the warehouse, and to provide overall supervision and training of other warehouse trainees and casual labour, and ensure that staff assigned to the various stores, keep records of the items offloaded/loaded at the warehouses.
- To Assist and coordinate the off-loading of goods on vehicle from or to the warehouse and stacking of the supplies, follow-up tracking of the commodities in pipeline and report to the appropriate personnel.
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, members and external partners and supporters
- Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Cuts away bureaucracy and encourages an entrepreneurial approach.
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency
- Displays consistent excellent judgement.
Application Closing Date
1st April, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online