The National Agency for the Control of AIDS (NACA) (formerly National Action Committee on AIDS) was established in February 2000 to coordinate the various activities of HIV/AIDS in the country.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Consultant for Domestication of Community Based Health Insurance Framework
Employment Type: Contract
Duration of Contract: 10 days
Reports to: The consultant will report to the director program JICHMA on technical matters, and to the PCU Coordinator on contractual and operational matters.
- In an effort to pilot the community based health insurance in Jigawa state, a National guideline is needed to serve as a framework that can provide the state the needed guidance using appropriate national strategies for implementation of community based health insurance in the fourteen (14) selected Local Government Areas (LGAs) for a Resilient and Sustainable System for health.
- The framework is to serve as an important tool that will guide the state to implement the community based intervention in line with the National strategies and guideline for implementation, that can go a long way in significantly improving the health indices of the unemployed section of the population that are not covered by the formal health insurance scheme.
- The framework therefore, essentially should provide the foundation and direction in line with the National strategies for covering the larger proportion of unemployed population who do not have access to formal sector health insurance in line with the Sustainable Development Goals and achieving universal health coverage.
Goal and Objectives
- To domesticate, validate and disseminate the Nigerian National Framework for Community Based Health
- Insurance in line with Jigawa state approved work plan of the RSSH grant (2021-2023).
Scope of work
The consultant will support the Programme Coordination Unit (PCU) for the timely domestication and dissemination of the framework as detailed below.
- Desk review of studies, reports, key policies and the country’s’ strategic thematic documents, containing relevant information aligned with the community based health insurance, to identify potential Strategic Priority Areas, outcomes and outputs, for drafting the CBHI document.
- Drafting the full CBHI document and per the National Guidelines and templates, including the executive summary with a synthesis of the agreed Strategic Priority Areas (SPA), outcomes and outputs.
- Facilitation throughout the process of drafting and finalizing the CBHI framework document.
- Preparation of presentations for the CBHI finalization/validation meeting
- Support the validation and dissemination of the framework.
- Participate in any other activities related to the above functions assigned by the PCU coordinator
- Development of Jigawa State framework for Community Based Health Insurance including guidelines and necessary templates.
- Power point presentations for validation and finalization meeting
Required Qualification / Experience
- Master’s Degree in one of the following or related fields: Public Health, Health Promotion and/or Communication, International Public Health, or other Social Sciences
- At least 5 years of experience working in the state health system
- Experience developing/domestication and validating framework either at the National or state level
- Familiarity with key public documents, strategies related to health insurance in Nigeria and globally
- Experience with HIV, TB & Malaria programs
- Leadership experience in management of health insurance programs and relationship with state government and civil society networks at leadership strategic level.
- Strong analytical and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent written and spoken communications skills in English.
- Strong skills in using word processing, spreadsheet, database and presentation software (Microsoft Office applications preferred).
- Experience using web-based applications (email, browsing, and literature retrieval).
Application Closing Date
26th April, 2023 (12 Noon).
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their detailed Proposals with requested documents to the address below:
Attention: Head Procurement,
National Agency for the Control of AIDS (NACA),
Ground Floor Room 1.08,
No. 3 Zinguinchor Street, Beside AEDC Office,
Wuse Zone 4,
Send soft copies to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Title as the subject of the mail.
While submitting the Technical Proposal, the Applicant shall, in particular, ensure to attach the following:
- Profile of the consultant (max 1 page) explaining why they are the most suitable for the work.
- Copies of all certificates for all qualifications indicated in the CV.
- Relevant Experience (max 2 page) and relevant supporting document.
- Detailed methodology and conceptual framework with expected deliverables and timelines, man days required (3 – 5 pages).
- Recent CV
- Candidates are expected to bid for only one position.
Details for Submission and Opening of Documents
- The detailed Proposal must be in English Language and submitted in two (2) hard copies each (one original & One copy) of the requested documents and proposal. The documents shall then be enclosed and sealed in one (1) single outer envelope, and clearly marked at the topmost right corner “Engagement of Consultant for CSS (State the position of application)” and the Name, Address, Email and Phone Number of the Consultant boldly written at the back of the envelope, with acknowledgement to NACA office at the address above.
- The submission(s) received will be opened immediately after closing at NACA Conference Room in the presence of consultants that choose to attend.
Global Fund Code of Conduct
- You shall get acquainted with the global fund code of conduct for suppliers using this link below: https://www.theglobalfund.org/media/3275/corporate_codeofconductforsuppliers_policy_en.pdf
- Accepting this invitation shall serve as an acknowledgement and agreement to abide by the Global Fund Code of Conduct for Suppliers.
Notes / Disclaimer
- Late submissions will not be accepted.
- NACA shall verify any or all documents and claims made by applicants and will disqualify consultants with falsified documents and claims.
- If it is determined that submitted documents and claims have been falsified, the consultant may face prosecution in a court of Law.
- NACA shall not be held responsible for any disqualified proposal as a result of any omission or deletion relating to the submission guidelines.
- This advertisement shall not be construe a contract to any Consultant, nor shall it entitle any Consultant submitting documents to claim any indemnity from NACA.
- NACA is not bound to shortlist any Consultant, and reserves the right to annul the bidding process at any time without incurring any liabilities or providing reason.
- Candidiate who apply for more than one position will be disqualifid.