The National Agency for the Control of AIDS (NACA) (formerly National Action Committee on AIDS) was established in February 2000 to coordinate the various activities of HIV/AIDS in the country.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: M & E Consultant in Cross River State to Support Private Facility Integration in the Provision of HIV / AIDS, TB and Malaria Services
Locations: Odukpani, Abi, Boki, Yala and Obudu – Cross River
Employment Type: Full-time
Reports to: PCU Coordinator
Duration of Consultancy: 6 months
Number of Consultants Required:One M&E Consultant
- NACA the PR of the Global RSSH grant 2021-2023 has engaged some selected states to strengthen its health system through implementation of targeted intervention at the states for improved heath outcome. The engagement is aimed at empowering the states and building the states’ capacity to plan, coordinate, manage and monitor ATM-related services and health systems strengthening efforts.
- In view of the above, the Government of Cross River State has received financing from the Global Fund/NACA for the Resilient and Sustainable Systems for Health (RSSH) Project in the State. The State has prioritized the RSSH investment and shall use the funding to support strengthening the integration of private health facilities in HIV/AIDS, TB and Malaria (ATM) services in Cross River State.
- Private health facilities are currently poorly funded for ATM and have very poor monitoring and data performance tracking systems The Cross River State Resilient and Sustainable Systems for Health Programme Coordination Unit (PCU) therefore requires the services of a Monitoring and Evaluation Officer. The consultant will be engaged in accordance with the Procurement process of the Global Fund/NACA.
- The M&E Consultant will support the Programme Coordination Unit (PCU) for timely implementation of M&E activities in Abi, Boki, Obudu, Odukpani and Yala LGAs of Cross River State. She/he will monitor associated timelines of the project and ensure milestones are tracked, met and delivered. Support facilities with the provided data capturing tools to report performance data.
- Report data on referrals to and from private facilities, enrollment, service inputs/outputs, and share between facilities, LGAs, PCU and NACA. Support PCU, LGA team to conduct performance review meeting with all stakeholders and LGA leadership. And conduct capacity building as well as peer learning LGA/PHC team and relevant stakeholders in the 5 selected LGAs (Abi, Boki, Obudu, Odukpani and Yala) of the project.
- Monitor associated timelines of the project and ensure milestones are tracked, met and delivered.
- Collate and report on monthly basis Performance data on the utilization of ATM services in private facilities, patient outcomes, etc.
- Support PCU to document Project progress reports including lessons learnt and the impact of RSSH investments in supported facilities.
- Provide technical assistance to the State, LGA/PHC departments and facilities for effective M&E service delivery
Scope of Work:
- The M&E Consultant will support the Programme Coordination Unit (PCU) for timely implementation of monitoring and evaluation activities as detailed below.
- Report Performance data on the utilization of ATM services in private sector, patient outcomes, etc
- Document Project progress reports, lessons learnt and show the impact of RSSH
- Work with private facilities to ensure timely tracking by the facility and community workers
- Conduct capacity building as well as peer learning for LGA/PHC team and relevant stakeholders in the 5 selected LGAs (Abi, Boki, Obudu, Odukpani and Yala) of the project.
- Report the number of patients enrolled in the private sector service delivery to the PCU
- Support the Programme Coordination Unit (PCU) to implement CRS RSSH M&E plan
- Support LGA/PHC team and relevant stakeholders in each LGA on all M&E related activities
- Carry out other duties and responsibilities related to M&E as assigned by PCU Coordinator
- Participate in any other activities related to the above functions
- PCU Coordinator
- Track and report on the utilization of ATM services in the private sector.
- Document Project progress reports, lessons learnt and the impact of RSSH Abi, Boki, Obudu, Odukpani and Yala LGAs.
- Capacity building as well as peer learning for LGA/PHC team.
Duration of Consultancy:
- 6 months
Number of Consultants Required:
- One M&E Consultant
Required Qualification / Experience
- Degree in Public Health, physical or social sciences or other related field.
- Minimum of two years of professional experience in the development of M&E systems and/or performance-based management as well as working in the LGA/state health system
- Experience working on international donor-funded programs (Global Fund preferred) is added advantage.
- Experience with HIV, TB & Malaria programs
- Leadership experience in management of public health programmes and relationship with LGA and civil society networks at leadership strategic level.
- Experience at organizing and facilitating systems strengthening, capacity development and mentoring processes
- Strong analytical and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent written and spoken communications skills in English.
- Strong skills in using word processing, spreadsheet, database and presentation software (Microsoft Office applications preferred).
- Experience using web-based applications (email, browsing, and literature retrieval).
Application Closing Date
26th April, 2023 (12 Noon).
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their detailed Proposals with requested documents to the address below:
Attention: Head Procurement,
National Agency for the Control of AIDS (NACA),
Ground Floor Room 1.08,
No. 3 Zinguinchor Street, Beside AEDC Office,
Wuse Zone 4 – Abuja.
Send soft copies to: email@example.com using the Title as the subject of the mail.
Click here to download the RFP
Details for Submission and Opening of Documents
- The detailed Proposal must be in English Language and submitted in two (2) hard copies each (one original & One copy) of the requested documents and proposal. The documents shall then be enclosed and sealed in one (1) single outer envelope, and clearly marked at the topmost right corner “Engagement of Consultant for CSS (State the position of application)” and the Name, Address, Email and Phone Number of the Consultant boldly written at the back of the envelope, with acknowledgement to NACA office at the address above.
- The submission(s) received will be opened immediately after closing at NACA Conference Room in the presence of consultants that choose to attend.
Global Fund Code of Conduct
- You shall get acquainted with the global fund code of conduct for suppliers using this link below: https://www.theglobalfund.org/media/3275/corporate_codeofconductforsuppliers_policy_en.pdf
- Accepting this invitation shall serve as an acknowledgement and agreement to abide by the Global Fund Code of Conduct for Suppliers.
Notes / Disclaimer
- Late submissions will not be accepted.
- NACA shall verify any or all documents and claims made by applicants and will disqualify consultants with falsified documents and claims.
- If it is determined that submitted documents and claims have been falsified, the consultant may face prosecution in a court of Law.
- NACA shall not be held responsible for any disqualified proposal as a result of any omission or deletion relating to the submission guidelines.
- This advertisement shall not be construe a contract to any Consultant, nor shall it entitle any Consultant submitting documents to claim any indemnity from NACA.
- NACA is not bound to shortlist any Consultant, and reserves the right to annul the bidding process at any time without incurring any liabilities or providing reason.