Malaria Consortium is one of the world’s leading non-profit organisations specialising in the comprehensive prevention, control and treatment of malaria and other communicable diseases among vulnerable and under privileged populations. We increasingly find our work on malaria can be effectively integrated with other similar public health interventions for greater impact and therefore expanded our remit to include child health and neglected tropical disease interventions.
We are recruiting a suitable candidate to join our team in the capacity below:
Job Title: Technical Lead – Clinical Care
Employment Type: This is a Temporary, full time vacancy
- Malaria Consortium is recruiting for a Technical Lead – Clinical Care to join our team in Abuja, Nigeria.
- The Technical Lead for Clinical Care will provide technical leadership to the Support to Malaria Elimination Project in Nigeria.
- The position holder will be responsible for overseeing the clinical care component of the project, working closely with the Project Director and project team to implement evidence-based approaches to achieve the projects outcomes.
The successful candidate will have:
- Postgraduate Degree in Epidemiology / Public Health / Medicine / Nursing / Parasitology / Tropical Medicine with a focus on malaria control / elimination
- Medical and Clinical qualification
- At least 8 years working in technical role with an excellent understanding of malaria control/elimination approaches
- Significant experience in intervention design and implementation of large-scale malaria control projects, including the sustenance of impact
- Familiarity with the challenges and opportunities of malaria control Sub Saharan Africa (SSA) and in particular the reasons for the high burden of malaria in Nigeria
- Experience in setting up standards of technical quality as well as internal quality assurance mechanisms and their functioning
- Familiarity with the Nigerian health system
- Strong communication skills (oral and written) in English
Competitive against market.
Application Closing Date
5th May, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- We need to keep beneficiaries safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to safeguarding. Please find our Code of Conduct, Safeguarding Policy and Privacy Notice here.
- This role is conditional of Malaria Consortium securing funding for this role.
- Due to the nature of this role we will be reviewing applications on an ongoing basis and the role might be filled and closed before the closing date. Early applications are encouraged.
- This is a fixed term contract for the period of 3 years depending on funding.
- To apply for this position you will need to have the right to work in Nigeria.