African Development Bank Group (AfDB) – Established in 1964, the African Development Bank is the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent. There are 80 member states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries). The Bank’s development agenda is delivering the financial and technical support for transformative projects that will significantly reduce poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic growth.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Expressions of Interest – Short-Term Junior Consultant – PSEG
Location: Abidjan, Cote d’Ivoire
Consultant type: Junior Consultant
Department issuing the request: General Secretariat PSEG.1
Duration of the assignment: 6 month
Tentative Date of commencement: Wednesday 01 March 2023
Introduction / Background
- The African Development Bank (the Bank) is a Multilateral Development Bank established in 1964 to catalyze sustainable economic development and social progress in its regional member countries (RMCs), thus contributing to poverty reduction. The Bank has 80 members consisting of 54 regional and 26 non-regional countries.
- The Division PSEG.1 (Board Affairs and Proceedings) of the Bank Group reports to the Office of the Secretary General and is mainly responsible for providing secretarial services to the Board of Governors, the Board of Directors and their subsidiary organs. It manages relations between these Boards and Senior Management, and coordinates statutory relations between Senior Management, the Boards and member States.
- The consultancy services being sought will be provided for the Board Affairs and Proceedings Division, PSEG.1; and the objective is to assist the division in strengthening the current capacity of its Board Secretariat and the Elected Officers sections.
- The junior consultant shall report directly to the Head of Board Secretariat and the Elected Officers section, PSEG.1, and work under their supervision.
Objectives of the Assignment
- The tasks of the junior consultant will require him/her to be fully involved in the activities of PSEG, especially those carried on by PSEG.1.
- Assist the General Secretariat with regular updating of information on the Governors’ platform to keep the Governors abreast of the relevant projects/activities of the Bank
- Liaise with other departments and sections in the Bank to obtain relevant information for updating the platform.
- Assist in the general management of the operations of the Governors’ platform / microsite.
- Ensure that the credentials of the Governors, Alternate Governors and the Designated Officials from the member countries are accurate and updated for the running of their Bank’s emails.
- Develop a monitoring system for the duration (sunset provisions) of all special Funds.
- Contribute to the drafting and compilation of documents included in the agenda of the Boards of Governors
- Assist in the preparation of statutory meetings (such as the Bureau, Joint Steering
- Committee Meetings) and participate at these meetings.
- Performing Administrative Duties and Any Other Duties Assigned
- The junior consultant shall also perform any other administrative duty, documentary research, and any other duties as required by the Head of Section, the Director or the Secretary General.
Duration of the Assignment:
- The Consultancy is expected to start approximately on or around 1 March 2023 and be completed over a period of 6 months, i.e. from 1 March 2023 to 31 August 2023.
Qualifications and Experience Required
The Junior Consultant shall have the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- A Master’s Degree in Law or a related field;
Relevant Experience and Skills:
- At least two (2) years of relevant work experience
- Work experience and Knowledge of Board of Directors proceedings and meetings
- Knowledge of the Bank’s Board of Governors’ statutory meetings
- Strong sense of confidentiality
- Fluent English and/or French and a good working knowledge of the other
- Proficiency in Microsoft products including Windows, Word, Excel, Office365
- Basic IT skills
Application Closing Date
17th February, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Applications to:
Mrs. NIAMKE – FRAM Joelle J. Aké via: email@example.com
Click here for more information
Click here for the Job Description (PDF)
Note: Any questions and requests for clarifications may be sent to: Mrs. Sheila TEGOMOH (S.TEGOMOH@AFDB.ORG)