Bourbon Interoil Nigeria Limited, as leading international player in marine services, offers to the most demanding oil & gas clients worldwide a full line of innovative, safe, high performance and new generation vessels and an expanded offer of offshore oil & gas services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Deputy Fleet Manager – M/F
Reference No: 2023-636
Location: Amadi Base, Rivers
Job Type (Offshore / Onshore): Onshore
Contract Type: Permanent Contract
Roles and Responsibilities
- To function as Deputy to the Surfer Fleet Manager and support the Fleet Manager in his duties as Sectional head for Operation of the Surfers, Technical and Training Centre with Referent Pilots.
- To assist the Surfer Fleet Manager in coordinating daily Operational activities in support of commercial contracts and vessel preparation as directed by the Fleet Manager.
- To assist the Surfer Fleet Manager in daily Technical Activities and planning for the annual Planned Maintenance and Corrective Maintenance for the vessels as well as workshops in the base.
- To assist the Surfer Fleet Manager for the development and tracking of annual budget performance and KPI tracking.
- To assist the Surfer Fleet Manager in the development and review of QMS/SMS procedures and forms.
- To stand in on behalf of the Surfer Fleet Manager during periods of leave.
- To act as the Line manager for the Senior Referent Pilot and Referent Pilot/s
Description and Expected Outcome / Performance Indicators
- Assisting to ensure vessels operations meet client’s expectations as per contract deployment form.
- Direct Line supervision for the Operations managers on a day to day operations management during periods of absence of the Fleet Manager
- Direct Line Supervision of the Senior Referent Pilot and Referent Pilot/s
- For assisting to ensure that all vessels are operated in a cost effective manner
- Assist in the preparation of budgets and ensure budget follow up and cost monitoring
- Supporting the Fleet Manager in his role as single point accountability for his dedicated vessels vis-à-vis the SBUM, Contract Managers
- Regular interface with the Quality, HSE, Procurement, and Technical Departments for services required by FCB operations.
- Interface with the Crew Manager for crew planning.
- Ensure Crew Matrix is in line with client and Flag state requirements
- Assisting in the supervision of the Technical Department through the Technical manager as directed by the Surfer Fleet Manager.
- Supporting, establishing and coordinating the Backup fleet to allow for proper maintenance and effective Dry Docking of the surfer fleet.
- Monitoring BOURBON Quality and HSE policy implementation for Surfer operations and reporting variances with recommended action plans.
- Support incident investigations.
- Perform regular visits on board including both checks and promotion of the HSE culture.
- Ensure there are proper procedures in place to cover relevant segments of the fleet.
- Support the adequate provision of Surfer vessels to meet client’s demands.
- Deputize for the Surfer Fleet Manager and able to provide commercial and operational guidance as well as reports to the SBUM and management as required.
- To Ensure management of preventive and corrective maintenance as well as validating procurement requests, carrying out technical inspections and oversight over the stores.
Qualifications, Skills and Experiences
- A Master’s Degree in Marine Technology, Maritime Management, Mechanical Engineering or equivalent working experience or any other related discipline
- Master of Business Administration will be an added advantage.
- 7 – 10 years’ relevant experience in the maritime industry of which 5 should have been in the maritime industry, preferably onboard seagoing vessels.
- Lead Auditor Training for Quality Management Systems incorporating the International Safety Management Code for the Safe Operation of Ships and Pollution Prevention (ISM and ISO 9002) will be an added advantage.
- Leadership competences, able to manage a team while being a team player
- 3 years’ relevant work experience as Vessel Manager or 10 years as Sr. Technical superintendent with the ambition to be promoted to Vessel Manager
- In-depth knowledge of Fleet Management IT systems
- A good command of written and spoken English.
- Good communication skills and ability to work under pressure
- A strong motivation to work in a challenging and dynamic environment in the Maritime Industry
- Highly skilled and experienced in the areas of:
- Good Knowledge of Key Performance Indicator (KPI) setting, monitoring and tracking
- Good inter Personnel Management skills
- Good Quality Control Skills
- Good and vast knowledge of Safety Management and Regulatory Compliance, International Safety Management (ISM) and International Standards Organization (ISO) Codes – Monitoring and Auditing
- Good Knowledge Environmental Awareness and Auditing.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online