ECOWAS Parliament was established by the ECOWAS Revised Treaty of 24 July 1993 as one of the Institutions of the Community. The Parliament is the House of Representatives of the peoples of the Community. It is composed of 115 Representatives from the 15 Member States of ECOWAS: Benin, Burkina Faso, Cape Verde, Côte d’Ivoire, The Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea Bissau, Liberia, Mali, Niger, Nigeria, Senegal, Sierra Leone and Togo.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Procurement Officer
Directorate: Administration & Finance
Division: General Administration & Conference
Line Supervisor: Principal Officer, General Administration & Conference
Supervising: Procurement Assistant
- Under the supervision of the Principal Officer, General Administration and Conference, the incumbent has the responsibility for the management of the daily procurement activities in the Parliament, from the request to the delivery of goods and services.
Role and Responsibilities
- Prepare and Execute procurement plans to support business and operational needs based on requirements stated in the business plans and budgets of departments
- In liaison with Finance, ensure timely funding, and/or resolution of any funding issues in relation to procurement activities
- Maintain awareness of market conditions, including source lists, price availability and competitiveness, and ensure that costs are fair and reasonable prior to approving any purchase
- Assist the various Department in the finalization of the terms of reference or specifications for their various needs and make recommendations to ensure compliance with rules and procedures of ECOWAS for Goods and services
- Prepare bidding documents including draft contracts and other procurement documents, as directed by the Head of Procurement
- Prepare all the notices for publication (Invitation for Bids, Prequalification notices) as agreed upon
- Keep track of the status of each procurement – from request to delivery or receipt by the requester – ensuring that priorities are met
- Assist the evaluation Committee in the evaluation of Bids and ensure compliance with rules and procedures
- As secretary to the evaluation Committee, prepare all the evaluation reports in line with the decisions of the Committee
- Finalize all Contracts for signature and monitor in liaison with the User Department their implementation
- Produce/provide quarterly reports covering goods and services purchased in implementation of the approved procurement plan
- Maintain a central register of main contracts to accurately record the status of contracts with suppliers, develop appropriate database for key suppliers, main contractors and Consultants and track service level agreements with vendors, Contractors and Consultants
- Ensure a proper archiving of all Procurement related documents (Procurement Plan, Tender Dossiers, Publications, evaluation reports, contracts)
- Undertake any other official duties assigned by his/her superiors.
Academic Qualifications and Experience
- A Procurement Officer with Advanced University Degree (Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent) in Business Administration, Public Administration, Engineering, Public / Commercial Law or other related field.
- Relevant training certificate in Procurement of Goods /Services, works and intellectual services shall be considered as an added advantage.
- At least Five (05) years’ experience in Public Procurement with experience of procurement procedures of development partners such as World bank, AFDB, or European Union.
- Be below 50 years old. This provision does not apply to internal candidates.
ECOWAS Key Competencies:
- A good knowledge and understanding of the procurement process, methods of Procurement and preparation of bidding documents for goods and services ;
- Understands negotiation principles and techniques;
- Ability to develop strategic relationships with key suppliers and to maintain supplier development techniques;
- Ability to plan and organize the procurement process;
- Understanding of the importance of Audit and financial compliance and its impact on the procurement process;
- knowledge of all operational processes to identify and evaluate weaknesses in surveillance controls; ability to strengthen processes to actively mitigate/eliminate potential for non-compliance and breech of ethics; ability to create pattern analysis and statistical models of processes and controls to detect anomalies/weaknesses.
- Good knowledge of an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) such as SAP Material Management modules shall be an added advantage.
- Strong skills in the MS Office suite of applications including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project, e-mail and internet programs
- Critical analysis and listening skills
- Excellent ability to prepare reports and documents and comfortably defend them
- Communications skills with a proven ability to convey information clearly and concisely
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize work load, handle multiple tasks simultaneously and attend to detail
- Demonstrated integrity, objectivity, and confidentiality.
- P3 – UA49,106.81 (USD77,480.72)
- P4 – UA56,591.37 (USD89,289.87)
Application Closing Date
15th May, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should download the Application Form below, fill it out correctly, attach a Curriculum Vitae (CV) and a Motivation Letter and send to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Click Here To Download Application Form (Ms Word)
Note: In line with ECOWAS policy, the vacancies are, in the first instance, being published internally for the interest of candidates from ECOWAS Institutions only. Accordingly, interested and qualified staff of all ECOWAS Institutions and Agencies are kindly requested to apply.