ShepherdHill Security is an outstanding Security Company with a vision of positioning itself as the first and last name in security industry, by building a reputation that substantially outstrips its rivals.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Vetting Officer
Location: Mainland, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- Supervisory/Operational Duties
- Ensures proper vetting and background checks are carried out on all operatives and employee of the company.
- Conduct vetting and background checks on commercial basis
- Confirms the eligibility of the prospective employee’s guarantor.
- Confirms the correctness or otherwise of the information provided in the staff file.
- Carries out criminal checks with the police
- Undertakes investigation of incidences and recommend as appropriate
- Ensures the arrest of perpetrators of criminal activities and their subsequent prosecution.
- Liaise with the Nigerian Police Force and other forces on issues.
- Prepares weekly reports of activities on vetting and investigations.
- Any other job assigned by the Commandant.
Strategic, Reporting and Analysis:
- Develop and present weekly vetting reports/trends for necessary decision making.
- Presentation of any project or trend analysis reports as may be required from time to time for effective decision making
- Key reports as required by supervisor/line manager
- Serve as an expert on tasks that are delegated and assigned to, delivering them within specified time and defined expectation
- Adhering strongly to the standards and practices in Data Management procedures
- Provide adequate and prompt feedback on key Assignments and Responsibilities
- Ensures compliance to all laid down policies of the company
- Collaborate with all Staff to committing to effective tasks delivery.
- Candidates should possess an HND / B.Sc Degree in Management and related discipline
- At least 3 years’ experience of working in a security environment/company, to include administration and vetting.
- Preferred candidate must have worked in a security company before.
- Experience of supporting managers across a variety of departments at different levels in all aspects of HR and training.
- Experience of volunteer background check, retention and development is desirable.
- Organized and methodical approach to administration and record keeping
- Excellent IT Skills and ability to ride Bike.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential.
Skills, Competencies and Requirements:
- Ability to ride bike
- Young and vibrant
- Focus on accuracy and attention to detail
- Commitment to Right First Time
- Articulate, focussed and organized
- The ability to present information to management teams.
Application Closing Date
20th April, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated Resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.