The National Agency for the Control of AIDS (NACA) (formerly National Action Committee on AIDS) was established in February 2000 to coordinate the various activities of HIV/AIDS in the country.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Terms of Reference for RSSH Technical Specialist
Locations: Nasarawa, Kaduna and Gombe
Employment Type: Full-time
Reports to: PCU Coordinator
Duration of Consultancy: Nine months
Number of Consultants Required: One consultant each in Nasarawa, Kaduna and Gombe
- The State Engagement approach of the RSSH grant 2021-2023 is designed to contribute to strengthening the health system through targeted interventions at the states for improved health outcomes. State engagement as an approach will involve empowering states and building states’ capacity to plan, coordinate, manage and monitor ATM-related services and health systems strengthening efforts. States will also be supported to implement a package of CSS and ISD/QI interventions that will contribute to ATM-related results and health outcomes. Supported states will
- also benefit from the activities of modules I (PSM), II (HMIS), and III (Laboratory) that take place at state level, and some of these activities will even be intensified and/or scaled up. Nasarawa, Kaduna, Jigawa and Gombe states are among the selected states to benefit from the above support. The selected states have developed state specific work plans to be implemented during the grant period.
- A technical specialist is needed to provide the needed technical support to states (Nasarawa, Kaduna and Gombe) in the implementation of their respective state work plans.
- The consultant “Technical Specialist” will focus on providing technical support for programme activity processes, support the PCU to set up the tools and system that will ensure accurate, timely and complete reporting of programmatic information on the Global Fund grant to the State, including the progress update and disbursement requests, and other task assigned by the PCU Coordinator and reporting to the NACA Global Fund team.
Goal and Objectives
- To support the state RSSH Programme Coordination Unit to implement state-led health systems strengthening activities.
Scope of Work
- The State RSSH Technical Specialist will support the Programme Coordination Unit (PCU) for the timely implementation of activities as detailed below.
- Provide technical and programmatic support for the high-quality implementation of approved grant activities in accordance with the approved work plan, budget and national/state guidelines and in compliance with the policies and procedures of the Global Fund.
- Take responsibility for meeting the Global Funds routine programme reporting requirements for the state. And ensure accurate, timely and complete reporting of programmatic information on the Global Fund grants to the PR including the PUDRs and other reporting to
- the Global Fund.
- Provide strategic information analytic support to the PCU. H/She is expected to be skilled in program/project management, visualization and transforming data into readable, goal-driven reports to support health system response
- Lead and facilitate Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning activities
- Produce working papers, articles, success stories, and newsletters related to RSSH grant activities.
- Work with the PCU to strengthen implementation of grant activities. He/she will work closely with other PCU members and state M&E staff (as appropriate) to ensure development of
- technical capacity.
- Provide technical support to the PCU for tracking the KPI as identified in the M&E framework
- Provide necessary support to the state in the preparation of disbursement requests and retirements of activities
- Provide necessary support to the state in the preparation of periodic progress updates on Global Fund grant activities as required
- Participate in any other activities related to the above functions and handle other project-related duties assigned by the PCU Coordinator
- Monthly activities report in line with the KPIs for project activities
- Timely retirement of all the implemented project activities
- Quarterly presentation to the state stakeholders on the progress of the project
Duration of Consultancy:
- Nine months
No of Consultants Required:
- One consultant each in Nasarawa, Kaduna and Gombe State
Required Qualification / Experience
- Degree in Health Sciences, MBBS, Public Health, Statistics, Epidemiology or equivalent
- Minimum 6 years’ experience in monitoring and evaluation of Malaria or TB or HIV programs and experience in the management information systems in the public sector
- Training and experience in logical framework, project management and setting up of program evaluation systems in health programs
- Demonstrated experience in designing and implementing M&E systems, performance frameworks, project management, and program/project evaluations within the health sector
- Experience in the monitoring and implementation of Global Fund grants is an added advantage.
- Familiarity with the MoH health management information system is an added advantage
- Ability to work independently and within a team and interact effectively to meet deadlines
- Strong management and planning skills of project tasks and budgets.
- Strong analytical and report writing skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to work under pressure and to meet tight deadlines.
- Excellent written and spoken communications skills in English.
- Strong skills in using word processing, spreadsheet, database and presentation software (Microsoft
Office applications preferred).
- Experience using web-based applications (email, browsing, and literature retrieval)
Application Closing Date
26th April, 2023 (12 Noon).
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their detailed Proposals with requested documents to the address below:
Attention: Head Procurement,
National Agency for the Control of AIDS (NACA),
Ground Floor Room 1.08,
No. 3 Zinguinchor Street, Beside AEDC Office,
Wuse Zone 4 – Abuja.
Send soft copies to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Title as the subject of the mail.
Click here to download the RFP
Details for Submission and Opening of Documents
- The detailed Proposal must be in English Language and submitted in two (2) hard copies each (one original & One copy) of the requested documents and proposal. The documents shall then be enclosed and sealed in one (1) single outer envelope, and clearly marked at the topmost right corner “Engagement of Consultant for CSS (State the position of application)” and the Name, Address, Email and Phone Number of the Consultant boldly written at the back of the envelope, with acknowledgement to NACA office at the address above.
- The submission(s) received will be opened immediately after closing at NACA Conference Room in the presence of consultants that choose to attend.
Global Fund Code of Conduct
- You shall get acquainted with the global fund code of conduct for suppliers using this link below: https://www.theglobalfund.org/media/3275/corporate_codeofconductforsuppliers_policy_en.pdf
- Accepting this invitation shall serve as an acknowledgement and agreement to abide by the Global Fund Code of Conduct for Suppliers.
Notes / Disclaimer
- Late submissions will not be accepted.
- NACA shall verify any or all documents and claims made by applicants and will disqualify consultants with falsified documents and claims.
- If it is determined that submitted documents and claims have been falsified, the consultant may face prosecution in a court of Law.
- NACA shall not be held responsible for any disqualified proposal as a result of any omission or deletion relating to the submission guidelines.
- This advertisement shall not be construe a contract to any Consultant, nor shall it entitle any Consultant submitting documents to claim any indemnity from NACA.
- NACA is not bound to shortlist any Consultant, and reserves the right to annul the bidding process at any time without incurring any liabilities or providing reason.