The National Agency for the Control of AIDS (NACA) (formerly National Action Committee on AIDS) was established in February 2000 to coordinate the various activities of HIV/AIDS in the country.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: State Engagement Advisor, Ekiti State (TOR)
Employment Type: Full-time
Reports to: RSSH PCU Coordinator
Duration of Consultancy: Six months
Number of Consultants Required: One consultant in Ekiti state
- The State Engagement approach of the RSSH grant 2021-2023 is designed to contribute to strengthening the health system through targeted interventions at the states for improved health outcomes.
- State engagement as an approach will involve empowering states and building states’ capacity to plan, coordinate, manage and monitor ATM-related services and health systems strengthening efforts.
- States will also be supported to implement a package of CSS and ISD/QI interventions that will contribute to ATM-related results and health outcomes. Supported states will also benefit from the activities of modules I (PSM), II (HMIS), and III (Laboratory) that take place at state level, and some of these activities will even be intensified and/or scaled up. Ekiti state have been selected as one of the seven states to receive the RSSH support.
Goal and Objectives
- To support the state in the implementation of state-led activities
Scope of Work:
- The State Engagement Advisor will support the Programme Coordination Unit (PCU) for timely implementation of activities as detailed below.
- Assist the PCU lead in providing technical and managerial leadership for grant implementation and coordination, ensuring highest level of project management skills are applied to achieve timely results.
- Work within project strategy and policy guidelines and makes accountable decisions concerning work responsibilities.
- Ensure that planned activities are implemented as approved, on schedule and meet technical requirements of the state, PR, country and the Global Fund.
- Ensure total compliance to the grant agreement between the PR and state government.
- Review state’s quarterly workplans, budgets and activity concept notes ensuring they are of highest quality.
- Provide technical input for reprogramming exercises.
- Facilitate the process of timely submission of disbursement request by the state to NACA
- Track and ensure timely submission of retirement documents by the state
- Review Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) data reports on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis and flag action areas to the PR.
- Ensure routine programme reporting requirements are met. And ensure accurate, timely and complete reporting of programmatic and financial information on the GF RSSH grant to the PR including the PUDRs and other reporting to the Global Fund.
- Coordinate and take responsibility for compilation of project report, including closeout report, to the PR, Global Fund and to national authorities as appropriate.
- Provide clear documentation of programmatic achievements and work with state and PR to publish best practices.
- Provide mentorship and coordinate capacity strengthening of PCU and relevant stakeholders in the states for optimum project performance
- Participate in any other activities related to the above functions
- Reports to: RSSH PCU Coordinator
- Disbursement request (bi-monthly) submitted to NACA timely
- Adequate retirement documents submitted
- Routine progress reports on project activities
- Project Closeout report
- Minimum of three abstracts communicating the state’s experiences related to RSSH investment
Duration of Consultancy:
- Six months
Number of Consultants Required:
- One consultant in Ekiti state
Required Qualification / Experience
- MBBS or Master’s Degree in Public Health, Medical Sciences or Social Sciences or other related fields.
- At least 10 years of experience working in the state health system
- Experience working on international donor-funded programs (Global Fund preferred) is added advantage.
- Experience designing and implementing health systems strengthening interventions
- Experience with HIV, TB & Malaria programs
- Leadership experience in the management of public health programs and relationship with state government and civil society networks at the leadership strategic level.
- Strong leadership competencies in both the mobilization of teams on one hand; the design, development and mainstreaming of new processes or procedures, on the other hand.
- Experience at organizing and facilitating systems strengthening, capacity development and mentoring processes
- Ability to lead and guide strategy development with the State Ministry of Health (SMOH) and Civil Society networks, manage technical implementation of proposed project initiatives, as well as ability to supervise, mentor and coach project and government staff.
- Strong analytical and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English.
- Strong skills in using word processing, spreadsheet, database and presentation software (Microsoft Office applications referred).
- Experience using web-based applications (email, browsing, and literature retrieval).
Application Closing Date
26th April, 2023 (12 Noon).
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their detailed Proposals with requested documents to the address below:
Attention: Head Procurement,
National Agency for the Control of AIDS (NACA),
Ground Floor Room 1.08,
No. 3 Zinguinchor Street, Beside AEDC Office,
Wuse Zone 4 – Abuja.
Send soft copies to: email@example.com using the Title as the subject of the mail.
Details for Submission and Opening of Documents
- The detailed Proposal must be in English Language and submitted in two (2) hard copies each (one original & One copy) of the requested documents and proposal. The documents shall then be enclosed and sealed in one (1) single outer envelope, and clearly marked at the topmost right corner “Engagement of Consultant for CSS (State the position of application)” and the Name, Address, Email and Phone Number of the Consultant boldly written at the back of the envelope, with acknowledgement to NACA office at the address above.
- The submission(s) received will be opened immediately after closing at NACA Conference Room in the presence of consultants that choose to attend.
Global Fund Code of Conduct
- You shall get acquainted with the global fund code of conduct for suppliers using this link below: https://www.theglobalfund.org/media/3275/corporate_codeofconductforsuppliers_policy_en.pdf
- Accepting this invitation shall serve as an acknowledgement and agreement to abide by the Global Fund Code of Conduct for Suppliers.
Notes / Disclaimer
- Late submissions will not be accepted.
- NACA shall verify any or all documents and claims made by applicants and will disqualify consultants with falsified documents and claims.
- If it is determined that submitted documents and claims have been falsified, the consultant may face prosecution in a court of Law.
- NACA shall not be held responsible for any disqualified proposal as a result of any omission or deletion relating to the submission guidelines.
- This advertisement shall not be construe a contract to any Consultant, nor shall it entitle any Consultant submitting documents to claim any indemnity from NACA.
- NACA is not bound to shortlist any Consultant, and reserves the right to annul the bidding process at any time without incurring any liabilities or providing reason.