The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, emergency food security, and water, sanitation and hygiene sectors.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: ICLA Technical Assistant
Job Identification: 10569
Location: Monguno, Borno
Job Category: Information, Counselling and Legal Assistance
Job Schedule: Full time
Duration of contract: Till 31st December 2023 (renewable).
Grade: Level 4 in NRC’s grading structure.
Reporting line: ICLA Team Leader.
- We are looking for people who are passionate about helping refugees and people forced to flee.
- If you are those people, the Norwegian Refugee Council in Nigeria is looking for an enthusiastic and passionate ICLA Technical Assistant to join our ICLA team in Monguno Field Office.
- The purpose of the ICLA Technical Assistant position is to implement delegated Core Competencies project portfolio by increasing the level of relevant skills and knowledge through the provision of a range of activities.
- To be successful in this role you will be a confident communicator with excellent relationship building skills, capable of establishing strong relationships with stakeholders at all levels while supporting new initiatives across the Area.
- If you are highly organized individual, comfortable with working in an emergency environment and have previous experience in wash, we would love to hear from you!
Role and Responsibilities
- The purpose of the assistant position is to assist in the day-to-day implementation of the ICLA Core Competency project activities in Monguno LGA of Borno State in line with NRC policies, guidelines and strategy.
- These responsibilities shall be the same for all positions with the same title. The responsibilities shall be short and essential. Details belong in the Work- and Professional Development Plan.
- Adhere to NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Assist with the implementation of the support function portfolio according to plan of action.
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management.
- Ensure proper filing of documents.
- Promote and share ideas for improvement of the support function
- Involve and inform communities and community leaders about the activities to ensure accountability.
- Break down the annual operational plans into weekly, monthly and quarterly implementation plans
- Assist the Project officer to ensure that procurement and distribution of materials and are timely and according to procedures
- Perform any other duties as requested by the ICLA Project Officer
- Promote the rights of IDPs/returnees in line with the advocacy strategy
- As part of the emergency response, the main focus for NRC will be targeted at the provision of protection through the ICLA legal aid program for conflict affected populations including IDPs, returnees and the local communities in Borno State.
- NRC is implementing activities in the area of food security, water and sanitation and shelter sectors.
- NRC will implement the Information, Counselling and Legal Assistance (ICLA) programme to assist people affected by displacement resolve housing, land and property disputes as well as assisting clients with civil documentation (identify documents, birth certificates etc.) problems.
- Therefore, the ICLA Assistant will contribute and assist in the following activities;
- Participate and contribute in the development/modification of HLP and CD training modules
- Participate and contribute in the development of HLP and ID IEC materials
- Assist in the direct implementation of ICLA project activities.
- Implement the legal assistance programs including HLP, CDR and identity documentation activities innovatively to adapt to location and context, in line with proposals, strategies and donor requirements and optimize opportunities for synergies
- Document project achievements and deliverables
- University Degree in Law or Social Sciences (a Degree in Law is an added advantage) from a recognized University.
- Work experience in the field of law (e.g., courts, attorneys, or legal aid agencies), preferably experience in working with clients is an added advantage.
- Previous experience working in complex and volatile contexts.
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities.
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Managing resources to optimize results.
- High-level competency in computer skills (Microsoft Office applications)
- Fluency in English, Hausa, and Kanuri, both written and verbal
- Knowledge of other local languages of Borno state is an added advantage.
- Must be an indigene of Monguno LGA, Borno State.
Application Closing Date
11th May, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- This position is open to National candidates only. We invite applications from all qualified and interested candidates.
- Candidates are encouraged to apply early, as applications may be screened prior to the vacancy deadline.