African Development Bank Group (AfDB) – Established in 1964, the African Development Bank is the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent. There are 80 member states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries). The Bank’s development agenda is delivering the financial and technical support for transformative projects that will significantly reduce poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic growth.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: EOI – Short-Term Individual Junior Consultant – PSEG
Location: Abidjan, Côte d’Ivoire
Consultant type: Junior Consultant
Department issuing the request: General Secretariat PSEG.1
Duration of the assignment: 6 months
Tentative Date of commencement: 1st March, 2023
- The African Development Bank (the “Bank”) is a Multilateral Development Finance Institution established in 1964 to catalyze sustainable economic development and social progress in its regional member countries (RMCs), thus contributing to poverty reduction. The Bank has 81 members consisting of 54 regional and 27 non-regional countries.
- The Division PSEG.1 (Board Affairs and Proceedings) of the Bank Group reports to the Office of the Secretary General and is mainly responsible for providing secretarial services to the Board of Governors, the Board of Directors and their subsidiary organs. It manages relations between these Boards and Senior Management, and coordinates statutory relations between Senior Management, the Boards and member States.
- The consultancy services sought will be provided for the Board Affairs and Proceedings Division, PSEG.1; and the objective is to assist the division in strengtheningthe current capacity of its Board Secretariat and the Elected Officers sections.
- Thejunior consultant shall report directly to the Principal Liaison and Board Business Officer, PSEG.1 and work under their supervision.
Objectives of the Assignment
- The tasks of the junior consultant will require him/her to be fully involved in the activities of PSEG, especially those carried on by PSEG.1, the Board Secretariat and the Elected Officers section. These include, among other things:
- Assist the General Secretariat with regular updating of information on the Governors’ platform to keep the Governors abreast of the relevant projects/activities of the Bank ;
- Liaise with other departments and sections in the Bank to obtain relevant information for updating the platform;
- Assist in the general management of the operations of the Governors’ platform / microsite;
- Ensure that the credentials of the Governors, Alternate Governors and the Designated Officials from the member countries are accurate and updated for the running of their Bank’s emails.
- Develop a monitoring system for the duration (sunset provisions) of all special Funds.
- Contribute to the drafting and compilation of documents included in the agenda ofthe Boards of Governors; and
- Assist in the preparation of statutory meetings (such as the Bureau, Joint Steering Committee Meetings) and participate at these meetings.
Performing Administrative Duties and Any Other Duties Assigned:
- The junior consultant shall also perform any other administrative duty, documentary research, and any other duties as required by the Head of Section, the Director or the Secretary General.
Location of the Assignment:
- The junior consultant will carry out his/her assignment from the Bank’s premises in Abidjan, Côte d’Ivoire.
Duration of the Assignment:
- The Consultancy is expected to start approximately on or around 1 March 2023 and be completed over a period of 6 months, i.e. from 1 March 2023 to 31 August 2023.
Qualification and Experience Required
The Junior Consultant shall have the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- A Master’s Degree in Law or a related field;
- Relevant experience and skills:
- At least two (2) years of relevant work experience
- Work experience and Knowledge of Board of Directors proceedings and meetings
- Knowledge of the Bank’s Board of Governors’ statutory meetings
- Strong sense of confidentiality
- Fluent English and/or French and a good working knowledge of the other
- Proficiency in Microsoft products including Windows, Word, Excel, Office365
- Basic IT skills.
Application Closing Date
17th February, 2023
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Applications to Mrs. NIAMKE – FRAM Joelle J. Ake via: firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here for more information