Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is an international non-governmental organization supporting relief and development work in over 99 countries around the world. CRS programs assist persons on the basis of need, regardless of creed, ethnicity or nationality. CRS works through local church and non-church partners to implement its programs, therefore, strengthening and building the capacity of these partner organizations is fundamental to programs in every country in which CRS operates. CRS has worked in Nigeria for more than 25 years.
Through local partners, CRS has implemented programs in 24 of the country’s 36 states, demonstrating the agency’s extensive grassroots network and significant capacity to reach the rural poor. Focusing on agriculture, emergency response and recovery, and health, CRS is helping to strengthen health care systems, Catholic Church partners, other community-based organizations, and government institutions. CRS’s current projects are improving the lives of more than 1.4 million Nigerians.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Consultant – National Housing Fund (NHF) Specialist
Job Ref: RFQNG10862
Location: Abuja (FCT)
- The purpose of this assignment is to provide consultancy services for the reconciliation of National Housing Fund Remittances made on behalf of CRS staff as applicable to the Federal Mortgage Bank of Nigeria from January 2000.
- The job is to be carried out in two phases: April 2020 till February 2023 and from January 2000 till March 2020.
- Registration of Staff with National Housing Fund (NHF): The consultant will register CRS staff with the National Housing Fund and generate NHF numbers for staff who do not have.
- Updating of NHF Numbers: The consultant will work with the National Housing Fund to validate all NHF numbers of CRS staff and ensure that old numbers are timely migrated to the NHF’s new numbering system.
- Reconciliation of Payment with the Federal Mortgage Bank: The consultant will conduct reconciliation exercise with the Federal Mortgage Bank, ensuring all schedules from the inception of payment to the National Housing Fund, is submitted to the Federal Mortgage Bank for reconciliation.
- Crediting of Funds into Staff Individual account: The consultant will ensure all payments made on behalf of the staff by CRS is credited into the NHF Account of individual staff from inception to date.
- Receipt of National Housing Fund Passbook: The consultant will ensure that all pass books of staff are received from the Federal Mortgage bank.
- Submit a detailed final report on the whole assignment.
CRS seeks expressions of interest from consultant(s)/a firm of consultant with the following skills/qualifications in conducting a similar activity:
|1||Evidence of registration with CAC (Certificate of Incorporation/Certificate of Registration of Business Name)||×|
|2||CAC/BN/1 – Application for Registration of Business Name (For Enterprises)||×|
|3||Form CAC 02 – Statement of share capital and return of allotment. (For limited companies)||×|
|4||Evidence of tax registration|
|5||Bank details (Account name, number and Bank name) and T.I.N on the official letter headed paper.|
|6||Nationally issued Identification ie Drivers License/National ID/International Passport||×|
|7||List of 3 references who they have provided similar services on the official letter headed paper stating name of the organizations, contact name (s), position, phone number and email address|
- Relevant certifications of professional and government agencies
- Previous experience conducting a similar task.
- In-depth Knowledge of the National Housing Fund Scheme
- Strong presentation, facilitation, communication, and team coordination skills
- Excellent networking skills with private and public sector institutions
- Good interpersonal skills, including the ability to conduct discussions with a diversity of people.
- Payment will be disbursed as per activity schedules, submission of completed & verifiable report upon completion of agreed deliverables.
- N.B: Please note that CRS will deduct and remit to the relevant tax authority a 5% or 10% withholding Tax from the total consultancy fees for individuals or organizations in accordance with the Nigerian Tax Law.
Application Closing Date
29th March, 2023; COB
How to Apply
Interested consultants should send their expression of interest (EOI) along with a detailed resume as one document in PDF indicating the consultancy being applied for and the Job Ref Code as the subject of the application (e.g. RFQNG10862 Consultancy for the Reconciliation of National Housing Fund) attached MS word documents to: firstname.lastname@example.org .
- The EOI should include but not limited to the following: Expected daily rate, personal/company profile, skills, competencies, and suitability for the assignment as well as readiness for immediate short-term consultancy plus a copy of such previous work done.
- Only qualified persons will be contacted and invited for screening.
- “CRS is an equal –opportunity employer, does not discriminate based on race, colour, religion and we are committed to gender sensitive programming and management’. etc.
- Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.