Nasarawa State University, Keffi was established under Nasarawa State University, Keffi Law NO.2 of 2001. With the main campus located in Keffi town, the University caters for both full time and part time students. Others include Pyanku, Lafia and Gudi campuses. It has eight (8) faculties, 63 academic programmes, a Postgraduate School, Institutes and Centres.
The Governing Council of Nasarawa State University, Keffi invites Applications from suitable candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Bursar
Location: Keffi, Nasarawa
- The Bursar is a Principal Officer and Chief Financial Officer of the University.
- He is responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the day-to-day financial administration and control of the University finances.
- The University seeks candidates who are proactive with amiable track record in public service, must be visionary with proven academic distinction, managerial ability, high integrity and transparency in private and public life.
- He/She must fully understand the complexity of the University System and command respect and engender loyalty of both staff and students.
- Candidate must also enjoy good mental and physical health, must be ICT proficient in relevant computer applications and should not be above 60 years of age at the time of assumption of office.
- Candidate must show evidence of NYSC discharge certificate or exemption.
Qualifications and Experience
- Candidate must possess a minimum of second class lower Degree in Accounting or related discipline from a recognized University. Possession of a relevant higher degree will be an added advantage.
- Candidate must in addition; possess professionally recognized Accounting qualification(s) and registered with professional body e.g. ICAN, ANAN, ACMA, ACCA, CAN, CPA.
- The candidate must have at least fifteen (15) years post qualification cognate experience and ten (10) years post professional qualification(s).
- In addition, the candidate must have at least seven (7) years relevant experience in senior management position preferably in a University.
- He/She must be a Deputy Bursar as at the time of applying.
Condition of Service
- The appointment shall be for a single term of five (5) years from the date of assumption of duty.
The remuneration and fringe benefits applicable to this post are as obtainable in Nigerian Federal Universities and as may be determined from time-time by the Nasarawa State Government and/or the Governing Council.
Application Closing Date
24th February, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should apply with twenty (20) copies of their Applications, photocopies of their Credentials and current Curriculum Vitae duly signed and dated. The Curriculum Vitae should highlight the following information:
- Full name (Surname first in capital letters)
- Place and Date of Birth
- Marital Status
- Number and ages of children
- E-mail and telephone number(s)
- Postal address
- Permanent Home address
- State of Origin and LGA
- Schools attended and academic / professional qualifications obtained with dates
- Statement of experience including full details of former and present posts
- Statement of the candidate’s vision for the University (in the relevant area) in the next five (5) years
- Other activities outside current employment
- Membership of professional bodies
- Names and addresses of three (3) referees.
Applications should be addressed and submitted under confidential cover in a sealed envelope marked “POST OF BURSAR” at the upper left hand corner to:
Nasarawa State University, Keffi,
P.M.B. 1022, Keffi,
Nasarawa State, Nigeria.
- Applicants are expected to request their Referees to forward their reports under confidential cover directly to the Registrar.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.